Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Found Out: Qtc Appointment In 2 Days!

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

I just got a call from QTC - Atlanta. They asked if I could come in earlier for my appointment this Friday. This is the first I'm hearing of this, and now have to give my boss short-notice leave request. I don't dare miss/reschedule this as I'm waiting for these claims to go through. I was told my appeal won't move until these are completed. My issue is: no documents?? Where did they go, if mailed at all?? I know what claims are open, but don't know what claim(s) are being addressed at this C&P. Has anyone else had this problem?

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If they had not called you and you had not been home you would have missed the Friday appointment. Then your claims would have been denied for failure to show for a C&P. The same thing happened to me.

John:

That's incredible. How do they get away with NOT notifying me in a timely manner?? I'm happy to go, but it would have been nice to be able to tell my boss a few days ago... Also, I have two claims that somehow got put together in the same line in eBenefits. I'm wondering/hoping this C&P visit will cover both, but when I asked the rep that called, she said she didn't know what the appointment was for. Not feeling good about this. Lastly, it would have been nice to get to my primary doc and ask for records, etc. to take with me. Now, I have to hope he'll let me make copies of what I've seen him for re: these two claims. Not good...

Jusurluck, Do you get records of your appt's each time you visit? I think ROI will be able to give you copies of what you request. Unfortunately psych notes need to be released by the doc before they are given to you. If you have any of those you might want to call the doc now; so they can just print them out for you when you get there. I'm glad you were home. Good luck

/doc

navydoc2 -

Me, too! Problem is, I use a private doc through my insurance and he's difficult to get in touch with when it comes to records. His staff is great, just overwhelmed. I'll have to see if he'll let me make copies on my honor, or pay for what I need.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just:

Don't got to excited they just were trying to see if you could fill a cancellation. Its just a chance to get it done sooner.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Earlier this year they almost got me! They sent two letters indicating I would be contacted to schedule appointments. One at John Dingell in Detroit (appeal) and one at Lutz in Saginaw. I have never been to either facility. Since I never received a call or another letter, I looked up the numbers and called each hospital to see if I had appointments. Detroit wouldn't tell me if I had an appointment or not. That just didn't smell right, so I quizzed the guy on the phone further, he indicated he couldn't discuss it with me since the address I gave didn't match my records. I indicated the address I gave is the address Detroit VARO has for me and is the address that VA sends my medication to and is the address that they sent the letter telling me someone would call and schedule an appointment. The inDUHvidual proceeds to tell me that it doesn't matter that VA uses those addressed for me. They can only use the address they have and to fix it I have to go there in person. Also proceeds to tell me I need to give them a valid phone number, the one they have on file isn't valid. I then gave him the address I used when I was first out in 1988 and he told me that wasn't right (he inverted some numbers). He proceeded to tell me that this was the address I used when I visited the hospital last. I assured him I have never been to that VA hospital (in 88 the hospital was in Alen Park and a different name). I told him if I have to go down to Detroit to fix my address so I can find out when my appointment is I would also stop by The Allen building and see the Military Affairs Liasion in Senator Levins office with the letters and a copy of my phone bill, and a copy of the change of address form or parking stub form my visit to John Dingell VAMC. This seemed to wake him up he asked my old address again, and then said thats right, you misread it to me the first time(give me a break, 10655 lived their for 25 years). Then informs me my appointment is in two days.

Show up for my Sleep Apnea C&P offer the doctor the data card from my CPAP (records pressures used, time of use, and any apnea's that occur while on the machine). Says she doesn' t need it, cant find the letter from my pulmonologist in the file or any of my sleep studies(been sent 2 or 3 times certified mail return reciept). Doc gave me her fax number and on the way home watched as my Dr.s office faxed them, and they gave me the confirmations.

Waiting on copies of the C&P and a DRO decision.

Good thing VA isn't an Adversarial Process.

Best regards,