Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally

Rate this question

95bmp

Question

After thirteen mos i received a phone call from the va informing me of my rating of 50%.I am thankful for that but i will be appealing because i think it should be higher.It is for ptsd i also get ssdi for ptsd.My questions are how can igo about it.NOD?The orther question is can i be reimburse for co-pay for meds for those thirteen mos? thank you

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Good on you. That's awesome. Im sorry that you have to consider an appeal, but for the time being you've at least got 50%.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

The orther question is can i be reimburse for co-pay for meds for those thirteen mos?

Yes, 50% and over are allowed reimbursement for medicine co-pays, but not for medical co-pays. Take a copy of your award letter to show proof and effective date of your 50% to the billing depart. and request them to do a pharmacy audit of your record. In most cases your only entitled reimbursement from va and not from your private provider. The reason why is va will say it was your choice to use an outside provider.

My questions are how can igo about it.NOD?

When you receive your award letter, read what they based their decision on in the Reasons and Bases section. It should tell you what is required for a higher rating. If you believe you have strong enough evidence to grant a higher rating, then by all means, submit the NOD. You have 1 year from the date of your award letter to submit the NOD. This gives you extra time to gather all the evidence you need. Keep in mind, the faster you submit it, the faster the claim will be processed thru adjudication.

Edited by cooter

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

After thirteen mos i received a phone call from the va informing me of my rating of 50%.I am thankful for that but i will be appealing because i think it should be higher.It is for ptsd i also get ssdi for ptsd.My questions are how can igo about it.NOD?The orther question is can i be reimburse for co-pay for meds for those thirteen mos? thank you

Now that you are 50 % SC you should be able to recoup all co-pays back to your effective date.

JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

If the SSDI award was Solely for PTSD , did VA know of that award?

Also if PTSD was the only SSDI disability- I suggest you file a Request for Reconsideration and ask them to consider those SSA records.

A reconsideration request will NOT stop the NOD one year time frame deadline.

If you can get support of a good service officer for this type of request (again I stress that the SSA has to be solely for the PTSD) this could potentially stave off some time.

Also refer them to and enclose a filled out TDIU form.The form is 21-8940 and here at hadit under Forms.

If the SSA award EED predated the EED the VA gave you- it is also possible to perhas get a better EED when they consider the SSA award.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.