Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Would The Va Give Me 100%

Rate this question

sparkle

Question

Hi All, Let me say thank you for this health, and second, I am not that good at typing. Got that out of the way. My psychiatric notes said I had bipolar d/o (not sure what that mean) PTSD sec to CST, MST + TBI for service connection (fall while in active duty. ACTIVE PROBLEM (Problem only)

1. Insomia * (icd-9-cm 780.52

2. Urinary Incontinence* (wet pant w/ panic attacks) my words funny but trust.

4. Dermatitis * (icd-9-cm 692.9) my words i take med's for it but do not go to the dr's all the time.

5. Tobacco Use Disorder* (icd-9-cm 305.1)

6. Chronic Headache * (icd-9-cm 784.0)

7. Obesity * (icd-9-cm 278.00)

8. Hyperprolactinemia * (icd-9-cm 253.1)

Axis I Bipolar d/o PTSD

Axis II Bp traits

Axis III Hypreprolactinemia TBI s/p fall

Axis IV unemployment

Axis V GAF: 45

I take med's for all of the above, but not sure what this all mean. Now I am a nice person, but I do get a little crazy from time to time. I have cut a few people but did not get jail time because of the way it happen. Beat up the girl that stay next to me, for hitting my grandson (she is a adult he was 10). My depression and panic attacks and anxiety is getting the best of me. I can no longer work, about ready to lost my home because of all this crap. I put in for TDIU the rep. over the phone said she was putting that in my claim along with the other stuff.

My discharge order say recommended that she be separated through administrative channels without delay. This letter has the concurrence of the hospital commander. said I have a personality disorder. Now before i went in the service and had the TBI i worked as a dental asst. or five years, had no out burst like the ones i have had, no depression and all the other stuff that i now have. i could write better than i do now, and type better as well, stand without falling, hear without ringing in my ears, and could see like a hark. Now in my HBO i feel that with all of the above i should or would get 100% and not the 20% for TBI and 30% for depression. I know this is long but this is the only way i could think of putting it so that you could understand what i was asking of you and to get some kind of answer. Like i said I was a kind and loving person (my nick name is Sparkle) and got my name for the type of person i was. So i was not sure what all that dr.s stuff that was in my notes. Can someone pls help me out: T-bird, carla,berta some one.

Thanks Sparkle

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Sparkle,

What is your current 40 % SC for ?

All of these icd codes above are more related to insurance purposes and such,

they don't really relate to VA - VA uses their own Diagnostic Codes (DC's).

Like # 5 - Tobacco Use Disorder - that's not going to get SC or count any towards IU.

Also, VA compensates for ONE MH disorder (at the highest percentage per medical evidence).

Just so you are clear you won't get ratings for all as posted - PTSD, Bipolar - CST MST.

You will need to fill out, sign and submit the form for IU,

here's a printable link.

http://www.vba.va.go...21-8940-ARE.pdf

Sorry Carlie, went from 10% to 30% aug 5, 2009 I had this rating from 1982 until 2009 for Depression associated with traumatic brain injury with headaches

Traumatic brain injury with headaches 10%

so I guess the depression would be secondary to the TBI - all together 40%

carlis in my discharge it said depression as well so why did'nt I get a percentage for that at the time as well. Would they not have to go back and back pay me for the depression that was not put with the TBI. DO I JUST NEED TO GET A LAWYER? ok who is going to take my case? well it be you Berta, or you Carlie, or Big John. Please do not try to answer all at once, just take your time, not to long. tee hee

Edited by sparkle

Sorry Carlie, went from 10% to 30% aug 5, 2009 I had this rating from 1982 until 2009 for Depression associated with traumatic brain injury with headaches

Traumatic brain injury with headaches 10%

so I guess the depression would be secondary to the TBI - all together 40%

All this tells me is Headaches due to brain trauma under pre Oct 2008 criteria

were rated at 10 percent.

I can't really tell what your SC and percentages are for.

I suggest calling 1-800-827-1000 and point blank asking and writing down

what are your service connected disability's and their diagnostic codes,

What percentage breakdown for each and what was the effective date of each.

Again - compensation will only be for one mental health (MH) disability.

If you have co-morbid MH issues and they are all SC'd you will get the highest rating -

PER your medical evidence of record.

• HadIt.com Elder

If the conditions I read are properly linked to Sparkle's Service I believe she should get 100% if she can't work. I may of missed it but she should also apply for Social Security.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think Sparkle got screwed at discharge being booted out as being unfit or unsuitable instead of a medical discharge. My thinking is to get a lawyer to help you. I say this because if you are having problems with thought process you need professional help from someone with your legal interest as a prime motive. We can recommend a website where you can find a lawyer. For decades vets were not allowed to get lawyers and now you can, so I say get one. No money up front. They get 20% of your retro. If you can't work apply for SSD as well. Google NVLSP for a lawyer close to you. These are lawyers who are experts at VA law.

If the conditions I read are properly linked to Sparkle's Service I believe she should get 100% if she can't work. I may of missed it but she should also apply for Social Security.

Thanks Pete, I had to walk away from all of this for a sec. to get myself together. Pete every thing that I put down I got it from the papers I got from the VA or my smr, that's why I wrote it down word for word off the paper, because I know I would not be able to write it on my own. Every thing you saw was the truth. Pete should I just wait to see what % I will get or go ahead and get the lawyer. Have to do something quick, I am sick of staying in this house (I do come out to go to the dr's) and do things I like to do. I stay at home a lot of the time because I get upset to easy, and once I pull my cat claws out it on (not fighting) and I will tell some one off at the drop of a hat. One day some one is going to kick my butt. I get upset if some one call me pretty, I love your hair or can I take you out to eat (some one is always saying that) and I just hate that (MST) so cat claws come out. I would love to have a loving relationship, but until I can get it together I stay away from all people. I do think I have been done wrong, but need the help to make this all stick and make them pay for what has been done to me. Once more thank you Pete for all the info.

*Sparkle

I think Sparkle got screwed at discharge being booted out as being unfit or unsuitable instead of a medical discharge. My thinking is to get a lawyer to help you. I say this because if you are having problems with thought process you need professional help from someone with your legal interest as a prime motive. We can recommend a website where you can find a lawyer. For decades vets were not allowed to get lawyers and now you can, so I say get one. No money up front. They get 20% of your retro. If you can't work apply for SSD as well. Google NVLSP for a lawyer close to you. These are lawyers who are experts at VA law.

John, I have a appointment a the ss office on sept, 2 to apply for ssd, not sure what to look for in that. I will just give them all my smr and from the outside dr's that I went to before I found out I could go to the VA for medical care (25 years later, now that's a trip in it's self) and mental help. With all the info I will be giving them what do you think they may say to me. I hope it's not a BIG FAT NO!!! I will have to wait that out as well. I may just have to take the 40% and call it a done deal. Thanks to you as well, every one has been so nice to me.

Edited by sparkle