VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmir Claim

Rate this question

RDT

Question

I received a call from the San Diego Regional office that they had a made a decision on my IHD/Nehmir claim. She said by-law she could not tell me what the decision was and wanted to make sure they had the correct address to mail the letter to. She said to watch for the decision letter.

.I should know in about ten days the out come and will forward the decision to NVLSP for the records. Let pray it is the right decision from the start.

Has any one been contacted by the VA on the Nehmir claim by phone? Is this standard to call the Veteran when there Nehmir claim is complete.

RDT

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

"Has any one been contacted by the VA on the Nehmir claim by phone? "

Some vets here have been called and also given their retro Nehmer amounts over the phone.

• HadIt.com Elder

More or less standard. Assuming that you have adequate medical records in your file proving the existence of IHD, and are a Nehmer class action member, (you obviously are), The award will go back with retro to the original claim date, or even an A/O related claim for another A/O presumptive, such as DMII, if your records showed that IHD existed at that time. (Under the "implied claim" rule, any claim that was submitted, and the records showed the existence of IHD at the time, may be used as a Nehmer date when all the other details are satisfied.)

While the VA caller was not allowed to tell you the details, with a little gentle prompting, additional useful information can be given. "You should be pleased" is one response that seems to be permitted.

A check or a direct deposit amount may be your first indication of the results, not the determination letter. For instance, my VARO seems to let the letters accumulate and mail them up to five days after the date on the letter, (end of week?) based upon the postmark vs letter dates.

In my case, about a hundred miles from the VARO, a letter mailed on Friday would usually arrive Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. If you can access "E-Benefits" the information may be updated before the mail arrives. (Or Not, depending on the VARO)

If E-benefits is current, you can access the letters section, and print out a copy of an award, etc.

I received a call from the San Diego Regional office that they had a made a decision on my IHD/Nehmir claim. She said by-law she could not tell me what the decision was and wanted to make sure they had the correct address to mail the letter to. She said to watch for the decision letter.

.I should know in about ten days the out come and will forward the decision to NVLSP for the records. Let pray it is the right decision from the start.

Has any one been contacted by the VA on the Nehmir claim by phone? Is this standard to call the Veteran when there Nehmir claim is complete.

RDT

Hi Chuck,

Thank You for the information. Will see how it turn out in the next few week.

RDT

More or less standard. Assuming that you have adequate medical records in your file proving the existence of IHD, and are a Nehmer class action member, (you obviously are), The award will go back with retro to the original claim date, or even an A/O related claim for another A/O presumptive, such as DMII, if your records showed that IHD existed at that time. (Under the "implied claim" rule, any claim that was submitted, and the records showed the existence of IHD at the time, may be used as a Nehmer date when all the other details are satisfied.)

While the VA caller was not allowed to tell you the details, with a little gentle prompting, additional useful information can be given. "You should be pleased" is one response that seems to be permitted.

A check or a direct deposit amount may be your first indication of the results, not the determination letter. For instance, my VARO seems to let the letters accumulate and mail them up to five days after the date on the letter, (end of week?) based upon the postmark vs letter dates.

In my case, about a hundred miles from the VARO, a letter mailed on Friday would usually arrive Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. If you can access "E-Benefits" the information may be updated before the mail arrives. (Or Not, depending on the VARO)

If E-benefits is current, you can access the letters section, and print out a copy of an award, etc.

Thank You for providing that information,

Blessing

RDT

"Has any one been contacted by the VA on the Nehmir claim by phone? "

Some vets here have been called and also given their retro Nehmer amounts over the phone.

• HadIt.com Elder

See good days ahead. Depending on how long ago you first filed, percentage awarded check could vary greatly. Since all this is on the way I know it's hard to wait. Even if you just filed few months ago would get one year back pay & I hope it's much more. Of Nehmer Case in my vet group think $3300 was least I remember. The one I love is $269,470. Cases at HADIT even more than that. Good luck, also good time to apply for free $10,000 life insurance.

Don