Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security And Va

Rate this topic

NJBB62

I was told the RO sent away for my SSDI medical records to make a decision on my TDIU, anyone have a clue how long SSDI takes to respond back to the VA, it has been 3 months already,

I have a feeling it's going to be a long wait. I'm in Florida if that helps. I sent the VA a copy of my SSDI award letter.

Thanks for the help you are all awesome!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you might want to call SSA in Baltimore to see if,in fact, they got the request for these records.

Been there done that-found out VA never requested them at all.

Or maybe your local SA office could route your inquiry (they might even still have your SSA records at the SSA office you contacted for benefits-if the SSA was a fairly recent award.

• HadIt.com Elder

Might look into getting copies of SSD records and sending them to VA and keeping copies for yourself. Many of the hospital and Doctor records VA asked for on my claim they did not get and I got myself.

If you are thinking that 3 months is a long time, it t'ain't.

In the great scheme of things, an inter-agency records request can be relatively "fast", that is, along the lines of 1, perhaps 1 1/2, months, to receive the records after the request had been electronically sent by the VSR.

Upon arrival at the VARO, the SSA records are placed in the pile to be associated with your claims file. Depending on the size of the VARO and the amount of mail it receives, this may be as little as 1 week and mebbe 2+. Then, depending on whether any other requested information has been received, your claims file may immediately go into the Ready-To-Rate pile.

Right now, we may be at the 2 month mark.

However, if other information had been requested but not yet received, perhaps from previous employers or private physicians, the claim may wait until the "diary date" had expired and then forwarded as Ready-To-Rate; this may mean a couple more weeks or so.

Once your claims file is in the Ready-To-Rate pile, your claim is but one of many in line and has the normal Rating and post-Decision process.

So, three months isn't really "old. I don't want to speculate, put your claim may well be progressing at its normal course.

I was told the RO sent away for my SSDI medical records to make a decision on my TDIU, anyone have a clue how long SSDI takes to respond back to the VA, it has been 3 months already,

I have a feeling it's going to be a long wait. I'm in Florida if that helps. I sent the VA a copy of my SSDI award letter.

Thanks for the help you are all awesome!!!

Berta I started receiving SSDI in 2002, and filed for VA in 2005 for coronary artery disease, they awarded me 60% service connected but I never knew about TDIU, so I just filed in May 2011, but I will check with SA to see if they received the paperwork from the VA, someone told me the VA might go back to the original claim since I have not been able to work since 2002, I'd be happy to just get 100% P&T.

Pete53 - I sent the VA my SSDI awards letter that stated everything about my Severe Coronary artery disease and Angina from 2002, and also the medical review that SA made me do in 2007, which they continued my disability, when I went for my C&P in Gainesville in June the C&P Doc wrote "As a result of the veteran's significant coronary history and residual of chronic stable angina, he would be unable to hold positions in either sedentary or active employment".

Interested - I understand 3 months is not a long time, first case took over a year, but figured this time it would be faster since it has been in the decision phase for 3 months.

Thanks for all your help, it is well appreciated, I wish I knew about this site a long time ago, your all awesome!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use