navyguy

Question

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

You would have to apply for an increase to your current service connected conditions in order to request a Total disability rating. Total means 100%. If your conditions do not warrant an increase you might want to stick with the IU

• Founder

Since you are being paid and have the benefits of being 100%, personally I wouldn't do anything except let my c-file build dust.

I don't think the VA will change it. I recall seeing a case where the court refused to award 100% because the claimant was already TDIU and in essense already receiving the 100% rate. jmo

pr

You should understand that being rated T/P requires either a TDIU rating or a 100% rating.

You could request T/P but that may automatically trigger a C/P exam to determine if you condition is static or not. A C/P exam could result in a lower rating...

someone else stated that you couldn't get rated 100% because you have a TDIU rating... but that person got it backwards.... If you are rated 100% the va will not consider a TDIU rating...

Now if you really want to get away from the IU award then you have to request an increase in disability and the cards fall were they may.

You have an 80% rating, but I don't know how that breaks down.. so you may need another single rating at 50% or a 30% rating no way to tell based on what you have stated, but it is almost impossible to go from an 80% rating to a 100% rating,

unless you do like I did and go straight to a 100% rating for one disability... of couse this only happens if you have a very serious physical disability or a life threating disease..... hope you have neither.....