Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter To Schedule C&p Xams

Rate this question

ric999

Question

Hello--- After 4 years, I just now got the letter telling me to call and schedule a C&P exam.Is this a good sign? I filed a PTSD claim in 2007.

Have been seeing VA mental health since 2009, on meds since 2009. I am feelling like this is a good sign.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello--- After 4 years, I just now got the letter telling me to call and schedule a C&P exam.Is this a good sign? I filed a PTSD claim in 2007.

Have been seeing VA mental health since 2009, on meds since 2009. I am feelling like this is a good sign.

Welcome to Hadit. It is a good sign after the C&P a decision is usually made in 2 to 4 months.

Hard to determine here if you will come under the new PTSD regs or the older ones.

The new PTSD reg criteria is in our PTSD forum.

That is an extraordinary C & P wait time -even for the VA. I assume there is more to this -

Have you been fully able to prove your stressor when they asked for that info?

Welcome,

To me this sounds a bit unusual, only because the VA usually is the one to schedule the C&P exam and

then they notify the claimant that the exam has been scheduled.

Just finally getting a C&P - is a good thing.

JMHO

It doesn't seem to be that unusual to me, but I don't know if it's different VARO handling things differently. I did not get sent for mine until over four years had passed from the date of my claim. Then, I never did receive the letter for the actual exam. VARO notified me by mail to expect the appointment, but that it would come directly from my local VAMC. That was in Dec., 2009. The appointment never arrived. But, after a couple of weeks, I kept calling the local automated appointment line, until I hit pay dirt. On one of my inquiring calls, an appointment was listed for me at the VAMC for Feb., 2010, but it did not note what it was for. So, I called the VAMC, learned the appointment was for a C&P. At that point, I requested for a letter, anyways, but I never did get such a letter. It's a good thing I had the insight to keep at it, until I found the listed appointment, or I'd never have known it had been scheduled by the C&P department at the VAMC. So, it's great that this veteran has the letter and can call for the scheduling. My letter didn't say for me to call for scheduling, but that I would be receiving my appointment through the mail from VAMC which never did arrive. Best of luck with the claim to this veteran!

Welcome,

To me this sounds a bit unusual, only because the VA usually is the one to schedule the C&P exam and

then they notify the claimant that the exam has been scheduled.

Just finally getting a C&P - is a good thing.

JMHO