VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue For Ptsd Claim?

Rate this question

usmcman001

Question

Question-

I had put in a claim for PTSD in early 08 and the claim was closed in Oct 08 for no supporting documents. I am a combat vet with a Combat action ribbon etc. I recieved a letter that stated they needed more evidence and what not. I sent in letters from fmily memebers and friends I was in the service with supporting statements of PTSD. I never was diagnosed with PTSD by the VA. In that fact I never went to the doc at all. After I sent in info About a month later I recieved another letter asking for more documents. I replied with no more information to provide. Shortly after I was denied for PTSD.

I currently have a open claim for PTSD again and was diagnosed by the psych with PTSD. Now just waiting to a rating from VBA. My question is should my claim from 08 been closed so quick and should they have gave me a C&P before a decision? I am trying to see if what I should do and if this a CUE. Also is there anyway to get back dated to that time since I was diagnosed with PTSD for this claim? Thanks

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What it means is, the information that the examiner stated on your C&P exam will give you a more understanding on how the examiner feels towards your disability. i.e.. what the examiner says how bad your disability is, is going to give the rater a better idea on how much % that you should get. It's suppose to be based from a criteria list that the rater uses for each certain type of disability or disease.

Coot

• HadIt.com Elder

usmcman001 - first let me apologize that you were unable to enlist in the Army and had to settle for second best(USMC). :biggrin: Okay, now I'll be serious. I doubt you have a CUE, however you may have the potential to get the earlier effective date(EED), back to the original claim date. In order to offer an opinion as to whether you have a CUE, I would need to see all documents pertaining to that claim and not just read your statements. Sorry!

pr

I agree to support the PTSD claim as best as you can and then read all of the info on CUE claims at hadit and dont overlook this info too:

and any other info here under Search for 'newly discovered service records' if there was possibility that something was overlooked by VA in the last denied claim.

If you do eventually file a CUE claim, could you post the older denial here at that time for us to see?

No deadlines on filing CUEs, You need the current claim resolved favorably first for the CUE to have merit.

CUES depend on established medical evidence.

I am stunned that they didnt give you a C & P.

As you said" I would have thought they would have done the same for previous claim."

I agree -what is different?

Philip, No offense but I believe that ARMY stands for "Arent Ready for Marines Yet" or "Arent Really Men Yet"! LOL Dont be diappointed because you didnt join the worlds best fighting force and brotherhood! You did you part as well. LOL Its all fun. What is needed to get an EED? Also the only letter I have for original claim was just a denial letter saying there wasnt supporting evidence to support PTSD claim. Doesnt the VA look at record such as CAR or any other medals/ribbons. I sent letters from family and friends that I served with but they claimed they never recieved such documents and closed cllaim. If I could just get EED that would be great as I think they owe the money to me.

• HadIt.com Elder

usmcman001 - hey, that was good! Aren't marines really just sailors in funny looking uniforms?? The nice thing about the Corps, these days, is that marines are now able to get their GED's, while serving and learning to read can really help them later in life LOL!!! Someone once told me the marines are the men's dept of the Navy but I corrected them that it was in fact the Seals. I wish you well in your claim and hope you know this is all just kidding.

You should request a complete copy of your c-file, asap, so that you can see what they actually have on that earlier filing.

pr

Philip, No offense but I believe that ARMY stands for "Arent Ready for Marines Yet" or "Arent Really Men Yet"! LOL Dont be diappointed because you didnt join the worlds best fighting force and brotherhood! You did you part as well. LOL Its all fun. What is needed to get an EED? Also the only letter I have for original claim was just a denial letter saying there wasnt supporting evidence to support PTSD claim. Doesnt the VA look at record such as CAR or any other medals/ribbons. I sent letters from family and friends that I served with but they claimed they never recieved such documents and closed cllaim. If I could just get EED that would be great as I think they owe the money to me.