Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Long Time Coming

Rate this topic

Rottilver

Hello Everyone,

First let me say thank you to all those that have posted a wealth of knowledge to this forum. I have been searching and view numerous posting in the last year or so. I wanted to share my success story with you all, and especially to those that are still fighting the system. There is a light at the end of the tunnel in the long run.

On Thursday the 28, I received a call from my local Regional office to verify my personal information and that I was still married. The young lady informed me that I was awarded SC for Bipolar Disorder at 70% rating, giving me a total rating of 80% from my previous 20%. She also informed me that I would be award all the way back to 2007. However, the icing on the cake is that, she stated that I qualified for TDIU. She didn't want to get my hopes up, but that I would probably not receive my notice letter until about 30 days. For which I was totally fine with that, considering my almost 5 year struggle.

On Saturday morning Oct 1, I got a notification from my bank that I add a change to my account balance. To my surprise I checked my bank account expecting to see a low balance alert. When I saw the balance amount I almost cried. I could not believe that the VA had posted all of my back pay so quickly. To make a long story short, I was awarded TDUI without having to file any forms. I have been unemployed since 2006.

So what do I think was the key to my TDIU award so quickly. In July when I received SSDI I forward my award letter to my DAV rep, and requested that it be placed in my records. From the advice that I received from this forum. So once again, thank you to everyone that posted questions and success stories on this forum.

Don't give up, don't ever give up!!!

Rottilver

Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rottilver,

Congrats and thanks for letting us know we are helping

veterans and having a positive impact.

Any chance you could post a ball park amount of the retro

as it helps to encourage others to - NOT GIVE UP.

Thanks - and spend wisely

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Good for you!! Great news to read. Please change your avatar to reflect your 100% TDIU. Spend your money wisely. It is hard to realize you could get it all at once, but this is how they do it so many times. Hope you got it all, go back to the month awarded and check the rate tables as they changed yearly except for the last three.

• HadIt.com Elder

That is wonderful news. For all the stuff the VA does wrong they are good at paying.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use