Jump to content
Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×
  • 0

Chapter 35 Educational Assistance



Hi all:

Does my wife have to be matriculated at a college before she can receive this money??


Mike S.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

Mike-the VA needs to know the college of matriculation so that they can send the college a Certificate of Eligibility.

This is why -on the form- they ask for the name of college-

If she hasn't picked one yet - they just put the Certificate on hold-

My experience was , I gave them the name of my college on the application, as I already had picked my course program and my college was VA approved.

I tied up with the VA education counselor at the college as well as the VA Edu email addy and when I sent in my first tuition payment, I let both the VA and the AMU counselor know and the VA stuff kicked in.

My tuition is 750 per course- if I take the accelerated version -8 weeks- the VA makes two VA education payments to me-

on the 3 -4 month courses they break it down to smaller amounts, one check per month-

The Marine Assoc. pays my book fees but I think maybe the VA will pay these too-

I attend a military school- but the VA might pay book fees for traditional civilian school.

Unlike Voc Rehab -the tuition has to be paid up front and then when VA knows it has been paid they send the checks-

to reimburse.

I email , after I get my paid tuition receipt- to the VARO Edu person (I have Robert Quall)

and also to the VA AMU person, that I have paid it, my course name and time period, my professor's name and my student ID number.

It goes pretty smooth- but hard to know exactly when the checks will come.

I got 3 at once 2 years ago.

This is a wonderful VA benefit that Chapter 35ers can get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Thank you.

Mike S.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can Chapter 35 students get dental benefits ?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder


Almsot every School has a VA Office to help students fill out the paperwork. If things go right you usually start getting money a month after school starts sometime longer sometime less.

Don't deviate from degree plan its a major hassle although you can ask permission to change and its ok.

All four of my sons used it and it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.


  • question-001.jpeg

    Have Questions? Get Answers.

    Tips on posting on the forums.

    1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.
      Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
    Leading too:

    exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.
    • Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
    • Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?
    This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • VA Watchdog

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines