VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chapter 35 Educational Assistance

Rate this question

MikeS

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Mike-the VA needs to know the college of matriculation so that they can send the college a Certificate of Eligibility.

This is why -on the form- they ask for the name of college-

If she hasn't picked one yet - they just put the Certificate on hold-

My experience was , I gave them the name of my college on the application, as I already had picked my course program and my college was VA approved.

I tied up with the VA education counselor at the college as well as the VA Edu email addy and when I sent in my first tuition payment, I let both the VA and the AMU counselor know and the VA stuff kicked in.

My tuition is 750 per course- if I take the accelerated version -8 weeks- the VA makes two VA education payments to me-

on the 3 -4 month courses they break it down to smaller amounts, one check per month-

The Marine Assoc. pays my book fees but I think maybe the VA will pay these too-

I attend a military school- but the VA might pay book fees for traditional civilian school.

Unlike Voc Rehab -the tuition has to be paid up front and then when VA knows it has been paid they send the checks-

to reimburse.

I email , after I get my paid tuition receipt- to the VARO Edu person (I have Robert Quall)

and also to the VA AMU person, that I have paid it, my course name and time period, my professor's name and my student ID number.

It goes pretty smooth- but hard to know exactly when the checks will come.

I got 3 at once 2 years ago.

This is a wonderful VA benefit that Chapter 35ers can get.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike:

Almsot every School has a VA Office to help students fill out the paperwork. If things go right you usually start getting money a month after school starts sometime longer sometime less.

Don't deviate from degree plan its a major hassle although you can ask permission to change and its ok.

All four of my sons used it and it