VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Beneficial Letter From Employer Re: Increase Depression Or Eventual Iu?

Rate this question

brokensoldier244th

Question

While the contents of the letter distress me greatly, in this context, I feel that it may be beneficial in some small way. I asked my employer a few months ago, when I filed for depression, to write up a letter for me to submit-he has just not gotten to it. I have since been 'formally' written up for unprofessional conduct to a client (an email exchange), and have been rated 30% for depression. My therapist also wrote me a letter, that I was not able to get submitted before my rating finalized, documenting our sessions, and that I am depressed, with emotional issues and concentration/sleep problems.

Will this letter from my employer benefit, in any way, a request for increase for Depression, or possibly a filing for IU in the future? He's open to rewording aspects of it if necessary, thoug the meat of it is what it is.

Thanks,

CAS

post-8839-0-55072000-1319685040_thumb.jp

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

File an NOD stating your rating should be higher and send in the letters and your one on one notes.

While the contents of the letter distress me greatly, in this context, I feel that it may be beneficial in some small way. I asked my employer a few months ago, when I filed for depression, to write up a letter for me to submit-he has just not gotten to it. I have since been 'formally' written up for unprofessional conduct to a client (an email exchange), and have been rated 30% for depression. My therapist also wrote me a letter, that I was not able to get submitted before my rating finalized, documenting our sessions, and that I am depressed, with emotional issues and concentration/sleep problems.

Will this letter from my employer benefit, in any way, a request for increase for Depression, or possibly a filing for IU in the future? He's open to rewording aspects of it if necessary, thoug the meat of it is what it is.

Thanks,

CAS

I don't want to NOD it, since the information wasnt' available at the time-I dont disagree with the 30% that I was granted, based on the information that they had in my claim file. This is 'new' information that I received after my claim had already gone to decision.

Huh. I didnt think of that. I didn't want to rock the boat, and since the claim was closed I thought a 'recon' was only for an appeal. Ive already submitted the request for increase, though. I can't ask it to be changed to a reconsideration, can I, or is this basically the same thing?

Ask for a reconsideration since you have new evidence.

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• HadIt.com Elder

I am confused about where you are at in the claims process. Are you reopening your claim after a final decision? Are you going to appeal a decision within one year?

Im sorry, John!

My depression claim was decided successfully at 30%. After that (the beginning of October) my boss wrote the letter that gave me concrete proof of things that fall into both the 30% and 50% rating for MDD. I feel that, based on this letter , it should probably be higher, but im not disagreeing with the 30% that I was granted at first. They didn't have this information yet when they decided. I I figured a request for increase might be faster than an appeal. Im 70% now, and while I don't want to file for IU (im still working) I feel that it may become a reality in the next year or two, possibly sooner if my slow downward progression here continues. I work in program/database support with clients-what support job will hire someone that doesn't gel with people (but still fixes stuff?) My employer is really good to me and I have certain allowances, but I don't count on my chances if I was to leave or be fired.

CAS

I am confused about where you are at in the claims process. Are you reopening your claim after a final decision? Are you going to appeal a decision within one year?