Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Happens After Dro Hearing?

Rate this question

TANKERJOE0

Question

just had my dro hearing.

the judge ordered a new c&p exam by a new dr?

what happens next?

after the new c&p exam does the c&p dr send his notes back to the judge from the dro hearing and then the judge from the hearing makes a decision on my rating percentage?

or does someone else make the decison or a combination of people make the final decicion on my new rating?

thanks for your help hadit members on this issue.

SEMPER FIDELIS !!!!! (ALWAYS FAITHFUL)

***THE FEW THE PROUD THE MARINES***

NOT AS LEAN BUT STILL AS MEAN.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you ever considered getting an IMO? All I know is you will get another C&P. It may not be any better than the last one. Mainly, you will have to wait for the DRO to make a new decision. That will take as long as it takes.

What happens next,I can only say what happened to my DRO review.I had met with the DRO ON MAY 8TH 2011 FROM THERE A C&Pexam was ordered and completed in july then sent back to DRO for him to make the decision.yesterday I recieved my decision along with a needed retro.I was seeking SC for secondary conditions along with SMC.

it's me!

If the hearing had a Judge present, it doesn't sound like a DRO hearing. WAS this a BVA hearing?

Whether it was a DRO or BVA hearing the answer is still the same. LOTS and LOTS of WAITING is what happens :-).

Sorry, I know sometimes humor is less than helpful.

Haven't been to a BVA hearing yet. My issues keep circling the VARO like a large piece of excrement in a toilet bowl.

One of these days they will hit the exit and get flushed down to DC. But hey 0% to 90% in 4 years works for me, however I suspect they are going to dig in real

hard on these two 100% ratings that are still in play.

Regardless of the type of hearing you had, you indicated a new C&P has been ordered. Look up the exam sheet that should be used for the exam (this will give you an idea of what they should be doing to do it right). I also try to bring copies of my key medical evidence with the date noted on it that VA recieved it. I try to make it easy for the examineer to find the evidence that they need to get it right. I bring my little notebook that I wright down when my back has been spasming or when I had to take Opiates. For my cardivascular problems I note my blood pressue checks I do and I write notes whenever my feet or legs are swollen. Take a 3x 5 card with any questions you have for the doctor or to remind you of things you wanted to tell the doctor. My memory isn't what is used to be and when I meet new people I get a little nervous and forget to mention things. However, you need to do this in a manner that isn't aggresive and doesn't appear to be scripted to the exam sheet. When the doctor asks how are you don't say great, but don't claim that your on deaths door. Since that is a social question I answer in a social way "been better and been worse, yourself?". About half the C&P examineers I have had seemed fair and I think did right by me the other half it was pretty apparent they had marching orders. The ones that seemed to have an agenda, also made some of the biggest mistakes in the exam or counterdicted themselves on paper, it was easy to get a re-exam on the DRO process.

So get your notes and papers in order, make it easy for the examineer or rater to find the evidence they need to do right by you.

Wait patiently

Go to your exam, let the medical facts do most of the talking, relate your syptoms and medical history clearly, make sure you have the chronology (time line) of your medical history right.

Collect your travel pay, and then go home and wait, wait patiently and when you receive your decision read it. Celebrate or bitch about it but set it aside for about a week, then read it again when you are not so distracted with whether it is good news or bad news. I find re-reading it after about a week helpful and I get a better understanding of what they are saying because I am reading it at a slower pace and there is less emotion interfearing with the analysis.

Best regards,

when someone finds out, let us know (sarcasm, not meant for anyone... just babbbling..)...... been waiting one year since DRO hearing,, Dec 2010.

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

just had my dro hearing.

the judge ordered a new c&p exam by a new dr?

what happens next?

after the new c&p exam does the c&p dr send his notes back to the judge from the dro hearing and then the judge from the hearing makes a decision on my rating percentage?

or does someone else make the decison or a combination of people make the final decicion on my new rating?

thanks for your help hadit members on this issue.

A DRO hearing does not have a "judge" - it has a hearing officer that if I remember

right is a GS 13 or higher.

Anyways, after the hearing the DRO will request any additional development they deem necessary

to adjudicate the claim issue/s, such as the C&P you posted, and more things if needed.

The C&P info has to get to the DRO.

Usually, the hearing recordings have to be transcribed and sent to either you or your VSO.

Basically - you still have (at least) months of more waiting - JMHO

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

thanks everyone for your replies.

carlie maybe i misunderstood.

i guess it wasnt a judge? i thought the dav rep kept refering to him as your honor? i just know someone was seeing over the hearing.

carlie can you tell me if the person residing over the hearing will be the person to ultimatley decide my claim.

or does someone else at the regional office decide the claim?

thanks

SEMPER FIDELIS !!!!! (ALWAYS FAITHFUL)

***THE FEW THE PROUD THE MARINES***

NOT AS LEAN BUT STILL AS MEAN.