Jump to content
  • Donation Box

    Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims


    When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Ads

  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • Advertisemnt

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

  •  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

  • Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

  • 0

Need Reccomendation For Imo Dr In Florida


can someone please tell me the best way to find or look for a dr to get an imo for a claim thats at dro for ptsd in florida?

im not sure how to look or search for a dr that helps vets and is familiar with va and disability claims?

im guessing they dont have to actually be from the same state as me they just have to have me send them my medical records?

any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

Contact a local SSA disability attorney and ask them who they use for mental Health IMO's.

Many law firms do this as they load up on evidence for their clients.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


thank you very much for your help.

i always see your name popping up here on hadit.

your a great help to veterans and i thank you for that.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Where do you live in Florida. I know some doctors in the Tampa bay area. They will do an IMO for you and not charge you $2000 bucks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Where do you live in Florida. I know some doctors in the Tampa bay area. They will do an IMO for you and not charge you $2000 bucks.

john i live in jacksonville.

would i be able to still get an imo from them from here?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you could set up an appointment to see the doctor I am pretty sure you could get a good IMO. He has to see you in person. You would bring your SMR's and any other records you want him to consider. His name is Gary Arthur and he is in Tampa. I know it is a four hour drive to Tampa, but if you saw him one day and stayed over it would probably be worth it. I know this doctor from personal experience. You tell him I referred you. I can send more details.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Ads

  • Ad

  • Latest News
  • Our picks

    • I filed for my mitral valve regurgitation heart disease secondary to a service-connected condition on 7-30-18. It was granted on 8-30-18. Since I filed for this heart valve issue and was awarded, can I still file for hypertension ? I have been seeing comments that you should file for hypertension first and file for heart disease as a secondary. Can I file for hypertension as a secondary to my heart disease ? I am alittle confused on this matter.

    • How to Change the Theme - Look and Colors
      How to Change the Theme - Look and Colors
      • 5 replies
    • For Calculating Retro

      VA Disability Compensation Rates 2012 | 2011 | 2010-2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999

      Prior to 1999 check here https://www.hadit.com/va-disability-compensation-rates-historic-for-retro-calculation/
      • 0 replies
    • I am a 100% disabled veteran, At first I was super excited to find out I am getting retro pay for back benefits to 2006. But that was over 2 months ago. I been waiting and waiting and calling to ask them wheres my back pay. They first told me "one month" than I call again. The guy started reading a script of basically "we are malingering on paying you" type crap. I was wondering if there is any number I can call besides that 800-827-1000 number to inquire about my status. I don't know why its taken so long when there is specific information telling them from the judge that VA owes. 

      There was a remanded to see if I was eligible for IU (I get it now since 2014 im actually 90% with 10 of that been IU). I been on SS since 2004. Can Someone help me out? Thank you
      • 6 replies
    • You might have a 38 CFR 3.156 situation-

      meaning the VA might have considered your claim in 95/96 as "not well grounded" and failed to even get your STRs.Or they did get your STRs but never considered the specific entry you cited here.

      Lots of discussion under a search, of 38 CFR. 3.156 (a)(b) (c) ---here is a winner:



        • Thanks

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines