VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Weight Is Given To A C & P Exam?

Rate this question

chinavet

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The Majority of decisions are based on a C and P examiners opinion provided the issues are satisfied per the part 3 of the CFR. (Adjudication)

I gave you a detailed answer in your other post.

PS does VA know you get SSI for PTSD?

SSI/SSA determinations are medical determinations and if solely for the same VA disability claimed, they are highly probative evidence for TDIU or 100% rating.

Have you formally applied for TDIU?

When the VA is aware of SSA records that could impact their decision, they are supposed to get your authorization to obtain those records.

Edited by Berta

The examiner gives their opinion and the VARO personnel use that opinion as well as service records, medical/psychological reasons,and info you have submitted to assist in their determination/evaluation of your claim. The purpose of a C&P exam is to have the VA staff (ie hospital staff) give their opinion while not only evaluating your current condition/abilities/disabilities, but also review what was documented in your SMR/STR.

An abundance of weight is given to the so called professional opinion.

Thanks Berta

I am still learning how to navigate the site. Getting better!

I did not know that you could even apply for TDIU. Is it a form?

I fought for over a year to get the SS decision.

The VA has lost a lot of my data. I am not sure if the SS decisions are there. Is there a way to find out without stalling the appeal process?

Thanks for your answers. I feel awfully lost over here some days. There is absolutely no one to connect with here.

The DAV seems totally lost about what to do for a vet overseas. They have not been very proactive. Their answer to virtually every question is "I will look into that" and then 3 weeks later when I call they go, "ohm I will have to look into that."....Really easy for me to get lost in the system...

They have my C&P and an independent medical eval that backs the C&P saying "90% housebound. Group situations impossible"....."GAF 30" "Service related"

The anxiety now that we are close is killing me....

PS does VA know you get SSI for PTSD?

SSI/SSA determinations are medical determinations and if solely for the same VA disability claimed, they are highly probative evidence for TDIU or 100% rating.

Have you formally applied for TDIU?

When the VA is aware of SSA records that could impact their decision, they are supposed to get your authorization to obtain those records.