Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got 100% Iu Joined Army 10 Years Ago Today!

Rate this topic

ferris7060

Well, just got off the phone with my rep and he read me the official reconsideration decision. 100% IU!!!

I applied for IU on 8/12/10. Got denied and a proposal to decrease my Raynauds from 40% to 10% to boot. BAD DAY IN MY HOUSE!

Asked for a reconsideration hearing. I thought I was waiting for a hearing date, but when I checked ebenefits it said the case was in notification yesterday, and closed today. I called my rep, pretty upset thinking that they had just ignored my request for a hearing and denied IU and most likely even took my Raynauds.

But he read me the decision. Raynauds was NOT reduced. Migraines went from 30% to 50%, and IU was granted :)

I LOVE Togus...always have. I knew I was screwed when they sent the claim to Buffolo for a decision and I was right, but Togus decided the reconsideration.

The only "new" evidence I submitted was something they should have looked at in the first place because I asked them to- a decision from 08' with highlighted statements about the regularity of my migraine headaches and 12 different appt dates where migraines were addressed (which the 8/12/11 decision stated I had no proof of even complaining about until my latest C&P exam).

It is a good day in my world, 10 years from the very date that I flew out of Maine for boot camp! AND only about two months from the date of getting the denial!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great way to close out the day! Two successes at the top of the list.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use