VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Eval

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

Sorry if I stepped on someone toes here. I was saw it under PTSD section and added my question. SORRY.

So here is my question again. I have received a letter from the VA with an appointment for a evaluation on PTSD. I know my last vist to the VA my Dr. asked me several questions about my tour in Viet Nam. I tried to answer the questions as honest as I cound. So what should I expect from the head doctor. I have read on here about other vets and their experiance. So I guess I am a little scared of what is going to happen.

BTW I was a K9 handler in VN and a TUNNEL RAT when needed

SO Any advice would be helpful.

thanks,

Hollis

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When they set you up for a PTSD C & P exam, the PTSD C & P worksheets are here:

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm

Geez-a tunnel rat.

I have photos of my daughter coming out of one of those tunnels in Vietnam. She said they were pretty overwhelming- many had toilet accomodations (sort up) lots of ammo and food storage,sleeping quarters, intelligence and map rooms, ventilation etc and they were often many miles long and well hidden from the surface.

If you have PH,CAR, or CIB on your DD 214 they will surely concede your stressor.

Your claim will fall under the new PTSD regs here in the PTSD forum.

If it doesn't fall into the "hostile activity" criteria they will run your stressor through JSRRC for verification.

Give the VA as many details as possible regarding your stressor.

A good date esti8mate and of course the place it happened can help JSRRC considerably.

I have dealt with many Vietnam vets and ask them-(if they cant recall stressor dates) was it before or after the Monsoons?, or What was Hanoi Hanna talking about at that time, or what was the latest news back home?

Was it before or after Christmas? Or around the time of a USO show and the main performer can be recalled?

When they set you up for a PTSD C & P exam, the PTSD C & P worksheets are here:

http://www.vba.va.go...exams/index.htm

Geez-a tunnel rat.

I have photos of my daughter coming out of one of those tunnels in Vietnam. She said they were pretty overwhelming- many had toilet accomodations (sort up) lots of ammo and food storage,sleeping quarters, intelligence and map rooms, ventilation etc and they were often many miles long and well hidden from the surface.

If you have PH,CAR, or CIB on your DD 214 they will surely concede your stressor.

Your claim will fall under the new PTSD regs here in the PTSD forum.

If it doesn't fall into the "hostile activity" criteria they will run your stressor through JSRRC for verification.

Give the VA as many details as possible regarding your stressor.

A good date esti8mate and of course the place it happened can help JSRRC considerably.

I have dealt with many Vietnam vets and ask them-(if they cant recall stressor dates) was it before or after the Monsoons?, or What was Hanoi Hanna talking about at that time, or what was the latest news back home?

Was it before or after Christmas? Or around the time of a USO show and the main performer can be recalled?

Thanks Berta for the leads I am also a member of the VDHA and have asked a lot of questions about PTSD and have gotten some very good answers, that is if a stressor is good. I remember the events but not dates. Back then I was more concerned about what I was doing and my job AND WHO WAS DEPENDING on me. and yes I do have a CIB.

I was in CU CHI where the tunnels was found and now it is a tourist attraction. I still don't want to go back

The very first Thailand AO veteran was a dog handler too.

I imagine you had a lot of perimeter duty.

With CIB on your DD 214 I feel they will conceded a stressor.

Your tunnel rat MOS duties alone are a stressor.

One thing I think helps-to explain any actions or maneuvers in the vils with the best spelling possible.

I helped a vet who was in Hue.

But in his claim he spelled it as "Way".(Easy mistake to make due to the actual pronunciation)

Some of the raters at VAROs these days wouldn't know the difference of Quang Tri or An Hoi from

K Mart.

Edited by Berta

The very first Thailand AO veteran was a dog handler too.

I imagine you had a lot of perimeter duty.

With CIB on your DD 214 I feel they will conceded a stressor.

Your tunnel rat MOS duties alone are a stressor.

One thing I think helps-to explain any actions or maneuvers in the vils with the best spelling possible.

I helped a vet who was in Hue.

But in his claim he spelled it as "Way".(Easy mistake to make due to the actual pronunciation)

Some of the raters at VAROs these days wouldn't know the difference of Quang Tri or An Hoi from

K Mart.

Today I got a notice of my appointment, I understand the PTSD part, but it reads,,Clinic: CBC-Copper/PTSD GROUP. I know it will in the VA clinic in Columbus Ga.But what I don't understand is the word COPPER. SWAGing it, could that be the DR. name?

Today I got a notice of my appointment, I understand the PTSD part, but it reads,,Clinic: CBC-Copper/PTSD GROUP. I know it will in the VA clinic in Columbus Ga.But what I don't understand is the word COPPER. SWAGing it, could that be the DR. name?

They have weird names for the clinics for the MH. I used to go to the Silver clinic, now I go to the Platinum clinic @ Dallas VAMC.