VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension

Rate this question

Billyboy

Question

Well I heard from Dr. Bash and he told me it would cost around $3000 for an IMO. Now he did tell me we would need to talk and that may change, go down. He said it would depend upon how complex my case would be. He also told me his success rate was 80-90%. The way my luck has been I would be that 10-20%. So I am contemplating! The 2 Vet offices, not associated with the veterans, don’t spend the money. O what to do. bill

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Billy:

Dr Bash has been a big help to several who are members of Hadit. He is very expensive in my opinion but I think that he will be straight with you about whether or not you have a case or not. I do know one who was able to pay Bash 100 a month till he won his claim.

I also know one who was mad at Dr Bash cause he took to long about 2 months to do the IMO. On the long run I will say this. If your medical evidence is weak Dr Bash will make it much stronger and 80 to 90 success with VA is outstanding.

If in your heart you are convinced that you should be service connected and have reached a point where you need a silver bullet you should consider Dr Bash or someone like him. Another source for a Medical Opinion would be someone who does Medical Opinions for Social Security Claims. You could probably get a SS Lawyer to recommend one.

No matter what you do you really need a Doctor to state that they believe that your disability is related to your service, that it affects you now and it has been a problem since your service.

I wish you well and don't give up.

Guest jangrin
Well I heard from Dr. Bash and he told me it would cost around $3000 for an IMO. Now he did tell me we would need to talk and that may change, go down. He said it would depend upon how complex my case would be. He also told me his success rate was 80-90%. The way my luck has been I would be that 10-20%. So I am contemplating! The 2 Vet offices, not associated with the veterans, don’t spend the money. O what to do. bill

Bill,

Hi there. My husband just hired Dr. Bash. I know he is expensive but after talking to him I think it will be worth the cost to have him do the IME. Our reasoning was my husband only had VA medical records. No private doctor records except for imaging studies, (x-rays, ultrasounds, EKG, perfusion studies, ct scans and MRI's) radioagraphy is Dr. Bash's specialty. So he is able to connect the dots from treatment to studies. He is also able to connect the symptoms, complaints, treatment and diagnosis to the military service, which you need to win your SC claim. He is the one doctor that really knows the VA system.

Expensive yes, but in the long run, this may speed up the claims process. Also, you are able to give copies of Dr. Bash's report to your other doctors. When they see that Dr. Bash is supporting your claim they are not so quick to disagree with his findings. Doctors as a general rule stick together even when they disagree.

I don't know anything about your case. It's tough to give any kind of advise when you do know the facts.

I guess you will just have to figure out how badly you need Dr. Bash's medical opinion, we needed a private opinion for my husbands treatment records. Because Dr. Bash will document everything than the VA has been leaving out of the records. So for us it is worth the expense.

Good Luck, I hope this helps, :(

Jangrin

This is about it in a nut shell!!! Since my discharge (1962) B/P was (standing) 138/88. I have a sworn statement from my mother that she remembers 6 months out of the service I told her my local Dr. told me my B/P was high. So she took it but all she can remember is 150’s over 90’s. To tell the truth I didn't remember that. (She may be trying to help???) From 1962 till 1991 my 2 Drs. passed away and their records destroyed. The next B/P was 1991; it was 142/92 that’s with a Dr. report. Since then it’s been anywhere from 136/70 to 198/110. Most of the time it is very high. These are with the VA Hospital trying to get the B/P under control. This is about all I have.

Billy, there should be evidence of high blood pressure readings in your service medical records, if this condition is service connected. Have you requested a copy?

You'd have to look at the readings, you may not necessarily see the word "hypertension" used in your records, but the numbers would indicate it.

Also, were you taking any medication for a service connected condition that might elevate your blood pressure as a side effect?

DOES NO ONE HAVE AN OPINION?

It is very difficult to get Service Connection for hypertension. If you have been out of the service over 5,10 15, 20 years or more, and your Service records don't have anything in them that supports your claim you do not have the evidence needed to suppot a claim. This is as direct as I can be but do not want to offend you. I had a claim for hypertension granted in 1970 after my case went to the board of veterans appeals after 2 regional office denials. The VA stated the Army lost my records prior to be shipped to Vietnam after I was denied admittance to Airborne training due to high blood pressure. What won my claim was my military orders stated the reason for being denied admittance for airborne training. The point is, if your medical record don't help you, check your military history, orders that were issued pertaining to duty stations ect. I filed my claim in 1967 the year I was seperated from active duty after returning from the Nam.