VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help, I Will Call Tomorrow

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

I got a call yesterday that I had an appointment on the 16th for a checkup at the local VA clinic for my high blood pressure and to see my councilor.

Checked MyHealthyVet to verify just know and see that I had been scheduled for a C&P exam for a pending claim today at 10:30 am. 12 hours ago..

No mailing, no phone call, nothing. Was NOT on MyHealthyVet on Friday.

I know everyone here screams, DON'T MISS A C&P EXAM, but kind of hard to go when you don't know you have one.

Now, again on MyHealthyVet, it says "appointment kept" for the C&P exam today, that I did not know about. Hmmmm.

Do they have internal C&P exams when they have all the information, but need a doc to look and make a call? Without seeing the patient??

I will call tomorrow and see what the dealio is..

Thanks,

Hamslice

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Let hope, and t might be that you C-file was sent for a review. That also counts as a C&P exam. Do however call and see what really happened.

Ok, made the call. It is called a "opinion clinic". This is where the doc pulls your record and takes a look at it and the patient does not attend. At the local VA clinic today, it showed that I was a no-show for yesterday C&P, however, it showed that I kept the appointment. The person I talked to at the C&P desk today, told me that that is a mistake and to call tomorrow after 10 am, as the doc was gone today, and that the no-show should be gone. Apparently, the doc has two fields he needs to update (fix) when doing a opinion clinic so the patient will not show a no-show. So I will check tomorrow. Should be fixed.

Anyway, I did get a letter today, saying I had a C&P yesterday. Gotta like that.

Hamslice

P.S. had my last appointment with the mental health guy, says I'm not nutz.. So thats good.