boomer2

Question

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Carlie am I missing something here and maybe being too critical of the VA and these attempts to keep the VA in check?

CC,

JMHO - The Reports and Audits (to me) are currently about the only way to at least try

and keep them in check.

The only rebuttal available to this, is the old adage of - it's like -

the fox guarding the henhouse !

From the very top all the way down to a new employees opening the

incoming mail - procedures and policy are not being strictly adhered to.

This I believe is the crux of our huge backlog.

JMHO

Hello Carlie,

Yes it seems the whole thing is just plain broken with noone being able to have the cure.Trying to keep all this in check as you said but then nothing gets fixed. I think at this point it needs to be dismanteled and start over,,,,,,,,but then again what is there to stop it from happening again? Anyway the Veteran is caught in the middle of it and always the one to catch the blast from the problems. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and all of our Veterans and the Hadit family. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless,.C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

I would not feel as bad about VA execs getting a bonus if the VA execs had to wait an average of 4.4 years to get them, like what the average Vet waits on his compensation. (According to Veterans for Common Sense, the wait at BVA is 4.4 years, and fewer than about one in 5 Veterans who are receiving benefits got them without at least one appeal) Its pretty incredible the VA execs get their compensation virtually "paperwork glitch free", while the Veterans they are serving face one paperwork glitch after another, always resulting in delays.

So far, I have not heard any VA executives complain that there was a 4.4 year delay in the processing of their executive compensation bonus. By a miracle, they seem to get them next payday, or certainly before the holidays.