VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Sold Their Va Disability Pension?

bigoc

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad part is these Vet's will sale their soul to these carpet baggers and six month's later they will have nothing to show for it. :sad:

• HadIt.com Elder

Now I know you can sell payments you get from a private disability policy. I have such a policy and was offered about 25% of the worth of the policy based on my life expectency. I turned that down pretty quick. You can get in trouble but if you have an annuity you always have a check at the beginning of the month. One good thing to do with a large retro payment is to buy an annuity for yourself.

John999, your so right. Put your money into 20-25 year annuity and it keeps coming every month and for your kids if you set it up correctly!

I was looking for feedback from someone that has experience with entering into a contract of this type. I suppose I have found my answer.

If you are responsible with your bills and can do without the monthly income from the VA payment it seems like a smart move to me. Invest the extra money for a return much grater than the cost of living increases that do not come close to keeping up with inflation. And if you believe The Bernank's CPI numbers you deserve and increase in your rating. Just trying to keep ahead of the government debasing of the money supply.

I respect the opinions on here, I am however not interested in the moral hazard of such a decision. I recognize the pitfalls raised here.