Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Failed To Meet Timeline

Rate this question

scscrewed

Question

In 2003 I filed claims for several service connected disabilities to include osteoarthritis and migraines. I was PEB out of the military for these issue in addition to numerous other injuries. However, the VA did not grant service connection, and I did not file a NOD. Am I allowed to refile a claim for these?

Or, because I failed to meet the deadline does my ability to gain service connection for these issues fade away?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

"Am I allowed to refile a claim for these?"

Yes, if you have new and material evidence- you can reopen this claim.

"the VA did not grant service connection"

You mentioned these were PEB issues.

Did the VA say they were SC but rated at a zero level?

If you still have the older denial and are able to scan and post it here as to the VA's Reasons and Bases, then we could determine what evidence you might need for a re-opened claim.

(Cover personal stuff if you scan and attach it here)

Do you have continuous and current treatment records for the osteoarthritis and migraines?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

"Am I allowed to refile a claim for these?"

Yes, if you have new and material evidence- you can reopen this claim.

"the VA did not grant service connection"

You mentioned these were PEB issues.

Did the VA say they were SC but rated at a zero level?

If you still have the older denial and are able to scan and post it here as to the VA's Reasons and Bases, then we could determine what evidence you might need for a re-opened claim.

(Cover personal stuff if you scan and attach it here)

Do you have continuous and current treatment records for the osteoarthritis and migraines?

I do not have the older denial for the osteo or migraines.--Mom might, but Younger brother is babysitting today-- These issues were treated for and incurred for in the Navy and listed on the Medical Board paperwork. I wasn't granted discharge for them through the PEB though. I have received treatment fairly continuously --in prison I was wheelchair bound so I didn't need any treatment for osteo and they don't care about migraines-- I am now receiving treatment at the VA for them though. I also have osteoporosis which is a late-stage result of CRPS/RSD. --I was medical boarded for RSD as well.

The condition has worsened.

I haven't scanned the sheet yet, but it doesn't say osteoarthritis. I thought it did. It says something to the effect of left foot pain so forth and so on. It does list the diagnostic numbers and DNEPTE, so maybe this is enough to establish osteo claim. I don't know. I was being give vioxx and crap for it, and I was told it was osteoarthritis. Once, I have thing loaded, more answers can come.