VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Cp Exam Needed?

Rate this question

usmc0599

Question

Good evening all,

Im going to keep this short and brief. I filed multiple claims with the VA a few months ago and have received my CP exam dates for all, except for one.

They haven't contact me about a claim for depression I filed at the same time. I called the 1800 number and the operator informed me that they don't always schedule CP exams.

I think its a little strange, since I'm claiming depression as secondary to multiple chronic illnesses, that they wouldn't schedule for me to see a doctor. Is this normal?

Im currently SC'ed for pes cavus (30% bilateral) which was made worst after three surgeries, 2 scars (10% each), cervical arthritis(10%), right extremities pain (10%) tension headaches (0%) and chronic sinus infections (0%) totaling 60%

thank you in advance.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

For your Tension headaches you may want your VSO to make sure they rate them under DC8100, some times they try and use the same rating code for chronic sinus and you will never go over 0%. in this you need to point out that this code is closer to your tension headaches in is form of the illness and treatment type.

No the VA does not have to give you a C&P exam.

Good evening all,

Im going to keep this short and brief. I filed multiple claims with the VA a few months ago and have received my CP exam dates for all, except for one.

They haven't contact me about a claim for depression I filed at the same time. I called the 1800 number and the operator informed me that they don't always schedule CP exams.

I think its a little strange, since I'm claiming depression as secondary to multiple chronic illnesses, that they wouldn't schedule for me to see a doctor. Is this normal?

Im currently SC'ed for pes cavus (30% bilateral) which was made worst after three surgeries, 2 scars (10% each), cervical arthritis(10%), right extremities pain (10%) tension headaches (0%) and chronic sinus infections (0%) totaling 60%

thank you in advance.

Are you receiving care from the VA for the depression? And maybe they are waiting to see how the other things turn out so already planning to defer the depression rating.

yes, I'am being seen by the VA for depression.

For your Tension headaches you may want your VSO to make sure they rate them under DC8100, some times they try and use the same rating code for chronic sinus and you will never go over 0%. in this you need to point out that this code is closer to your tension headaches in is form of the illness and treatment type.

No the VA does not have to give you a C&P exam.

Thank you for the advise. Ive been denied an increase twice for tension headaches.