Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

13 Months And Waiting

Rate this question

ward86

Question

70% SC for PTSD...getting SSD for my SC disability only....applied for IU Nov.2010....no word on claim and nobody seems to know squat....county VA Rep is useless....filed hardship today to get things expedited ....probably wont help.....is it certain that I will have to go for another c &p exam before decision is made....seems pretty cut and dry, as all SSD records provided to VA....Thanks for any advice or encouragement ...

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Always "plan" to have another C&P and if none is needed, it's a bonus.

My husband had a extensive C&P in early January. In July, they called him back for another exam to "determine his current condition" - we still await the final decision for this part of his claim(s).

In a prior claim, one that went all the way to the BVA with a win-win, he'd had extensive C&P's ..... the BVA decision came back favorably and the Regional Office (RO) needed to rate him. Even though he had more than enough evidence in his file for a 100% P&T rating, the RO requested another exam "to determine the current condition" ... it had been quite awile since his last exam. And, at this exam, the doctor checked BP, conducted a 2 minute "hello how are you" exam and it was over. That was it.

Stay positive, it can be tough to do (I know from experience as many here do also) .... try not to worry about what hasn't happened and use that energy to remain focused and a step ahead.

Edited by VetsLady

VetsLady and, Proud to Be

Thanks for advice...13 months is crazy though, don't you think....

Thirteen months seems like a long time, especially when waiting. Looking backward, the same amount seems like minutes.

My Veteran waited 5 years before his 1st exam, imagine that. Extenuating circumstances and alot of red tape got in the way, but as a timeline 5 years to receive a C&P exam was outrageously criminal.

I hope you receive your decision sooner than later and that it is favorable.

Edited by VetsLady

VetsLady and, Proud to Be

When you applied for TDIU did you go for a C & P exam just for TDIU, I know when I applied for TDIU they sent me for a New C & P exam for an Increase for Coronary Artery Disease, and TDIU (New)

Been in Decision phase since June 2011.

"Hang in there and Fight"

When you applied for TDIU did you go for a C & P exam just for TDIU, I know when I applied for TDIU they sent me for a New C & P exam for an Increase for Coronary Artery Disease, and TDIU (New)

Been in Decision phase since June 2011.

no new c&p since original one in Sept. 2010....when I got 70% SC....

When you applied for TDIU you sent in the form, did you get a VCAA letter saying they received the claim, Just wondering what the letter said!

"Hang in there and Fight"