Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. I would ask that if you want to support HadIt.com and help keep us online add HadIt.com website. ×

What Can I Do?

88 mike

Question

In march of 2011 I applied for temporary 100% due to back surgery that was performed in Sept. 2010. In july I was granted the temporary 100% but only received a lump sum for four months. The VA told me that they only pay for four months unless I have medical evidence from a doctor stating that I needed additional recovery time. My point is I submitted evidence in March at the time I applied for temorary 100% that I was still recovering from my surgery. I reapplied for additional temp. pay in August 2011 but I eventually went back to work in mid September of 2011 after begging my Dr. to release me due to financial hardship. Here is the crazy part, it is now Jan. 2012 over five months later. My claim is still in the developmental stage after I have submitted everything that was required over four months ago. Just in case someone asks I filled out and faxed in the VA form that you fill out if you don't have anymore evidence to submit. Sorry I don't know the name of the form. Can someone please help me????

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I agree with Dot. Millions of Vets are in your same boat, as I was, and it is shameful. The VA has all these "homeless programs" and then puts disabled Vets on a million man waiting list for benefits, and then manipulates the numbers making it appear these homeless programs are working. The biggest reason a Vet becomes homeless is he has insufficient income to "pay the rent".

Most of the time timely payment of VA benefits would prevent homelessness, and, I think, many Veteran suicides as well.

It is often devastating to a man to be unable to provide for his family.

AS evidence to support my "pay Vets their benefits timely and prevent suicide/homelessness" theory, I would note that VA employees, who are often Vets, have an extremely low or nil homelessness/suicide rates. Why? VA employees get their check in 2 weeks, so they can make rent, while Vets who are not VA employees wait sometimes 5 years for their checks.

The stress of waiting years for benefits often leads to homelessness/suicide.