VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ro Doesn't Acknowledge Claim/docs Sent In

Rate this question

autumn

Question

my VSO filed a new claim 2 months ago. i usually have received a notice from RO that they did receive such things and that claim was proceeding and/or they required more info.

i've asked RO twice for such an acknowledgment, no response. VSO only says they filed it and mailed docs to RO, thats it.

shouldn't i have something that states they received the docs and claim request?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When you send in a claim you should get a VCAA letter pretty soon. If you don't get a VCAA letter the VA has already violated your rights as a claimant and this is grounds for an appeal down the line. Since I live pretty close to my VARO I hand carry new claims to them and get date stamped copies. Otherwise, I send certified/return receipt as the Captain says. You can never, never trust these guys at the VA to do the right thing.

would you have a link handy as to where this violation is stated so i can copy that to office in letter?

Hello Autumn,,, YES,, you are right. They must repond to your request. It does sound fishy that your VSO did not bring anything up. That is one reason I do not have one anymore. John asked if you got your VCAA letter. This is a violation if you did not. Did you or your rep send the information to the VA certified mail with return receipt??? This could be the problem. Every piece of mail I sent to the VA without using certified mail never was received. That should tell you something is wrong. Try and look for your VCAA letter. You can use search here on hadit archives for VCAA letter samples and topics as it has been discussed here before. Be patient and thorough and it will work out. Above all,,,,,NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

I am not sure where your claim is but it is possible that they are more than 2 months behind. I would call 800 827 1000 and see if they can help you.

they prob are behind with the wars winding down and more claims. but then again, i've heard they're busy/behind since 1987 so there ya go. ;-)

i'll call that number also this week. thanks

Hello Autumn,,, YES,, you are right. They must repond to your request. It does sound fishy that your VSO did not bring anything up. That is one reason I do not have one anymore. John asked if you got your VCAA letter. This is a violation if you did not. Did you or your rep send the information to the VA certified mail with return receipt??? This could be the problem. Every piece of mail I sent to the VA without using certified mail never was received. That should tell you something is wrong. Try and look for your VCAA letter. You can use search here on hadit archives for VCAA letter samples and topics as it has been discussed here before. Be patient and thorough and it will work out. Above all,,,,,NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

no i did not get a VCAA letter or any reply. just a PO return cert reciept VARO got the first letter, and i have a fax confirmation delivery notice from second notice sent. claim was submitted first of Nov. letter and fax sent first of Dec. now i send 3rd req this week.

if VSO sent cert mail i don't know. i got a letter from VSO, a copy of letter they sent to VARO a few months back. but not the VCAA letter that i normally get.

oh well, i'll send off another letter this week, certified as usual.

thx

It doesn't appear to me as if all the VARO's are working as they used to. I sent in a claim back in May, 2011 and never got an acknowledgment, either, except from the certified P.O. receipt which I've learned also can mean nothing. Other P.O. receipts showing received have still become a problem when the person signing for the paperwork is the mail clerk, but documents still get lost, or VARO still claimed they never received it. Finally, on Saturday I get one of those form letters from VARO stating "We are still processing your application...We aplogize for the delay..." Interesting, since they'd not acknowledged ever having received it, except what I can see on ebenits which is not very much! Well, at least on ebenefits I was able to see that they had actually received it, but the VCAA letter never made it to my mailbox. I hope it gets better before it gets any worse! Good luck!

I am not sure where your claim is but it is possible that they are more than 2 months behind. I would call 800 827 1000 and see if they can help you.

i called this number. my brain coulnd't rap around the endless recording loop. couldn't get a person on the line. i've had an ebenefits account for a few years. my profile is out of date and i've asked RO to update it but that hasn't happened in over a year.

i guess others can get more mileage from that phone number to the VA ebenefits than i could.