Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retirees Due Back Pay

Rate this question

mrstix

Question

Good morning all. Has anyone seen the article on www.Military.com about CRSC and CRDP due back pay?

Is this a fact or just speculation, sure would be nice if correct. If so what would it be from, it's a pretty confusing article. Any Info: on this would be great, from you all. Have a good day.

mrstix 25 years retired

50% s.c. CRDP

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hi folks, there is a update at Military.com on this dated 7-28-06. Maybe some of you smarter folks can understand it, I sure can't. Any info: would be great. To all have a good day, and good luck to ya.

Hi folks, there is a update at Military.com on this dated 7-28-06. Maybe some of you smarter folks can understand it, I sure can't. Any info: would be great. To all have a good day, and good luck to ya.

Well here is the link. This has just left me more confused

http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,107503,00.html

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

There is no official information on that page. i know that DFAS has refused me in the past. As I have posted before, VA mistakenly withheld my compensation to collect for an SSB I received in july 1993 (money was also being withheld from my retirement check (went back on active duty in 1998). It took 5 months and a Congressman to get that strightened out. I also told the congressman that since I was rated at 50% I should have been receiving concurrent receipt. The reply I got was that since my payments did not begin until May 2005 that no concurrent receipt was owed me. this was in spite of the fact that the effective date of my compensation was Sep 1, 2004. By the way, since I am retired I have to pay back the before tax amount of my SSb not the after tax amount that people who are just rated disabled without retirement have to pay back.

Tim

Vet and proud of it

Where did you see the latest? in the Veterans Issues or the Retiree section at mil.com- I cant find it-

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.