Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Send Copy To Va As Evidence Or Just Keep Waiting?

Rate this question

Loose Cannon

Question

Hello All,

Thanks for viewing my post. Here's my situation...Spoke with the DDS today and it appears they have decided in my favor. She's sending the papers to the local field office and expects me to get "official notification" by early next week. That's amazing news but I think I'll hold off on any celebrating until I actually see it in writing.

My claim with the VA is for an increased rating for PTSD, an initial rating for TBI, and an initial claim for TDIU. Ebenefits shows it in the "Review of Evidence" phase where its been since December 12, 2011. All my C&P exams and evidence is showing as received and I have nothing to add - just waiting for a decision.

I have seen others post about sending SSDI decisions to the VA for evidence and that makes a lot of sense. But...will/could this slow down my claim at this point? I have compiled what I believe is a very good case but as I've seen, the VA does things in mysterious ways more often than not.

Should I send this in or maybe wait. If I wait, I could always submit this in a later appeal...but honestly, I'd rather lay all my cards out now than risk waiting several months or even years later! Curious to hear your views...Best wishes to everyone.

Loose Cannon

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you receive official decision from SSA send it in as evidence ASAP especially if it is for IU as it will substantiate your position.

Basser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Thanks Basser. That's what I'm leaning towards. I've waited this long so might as well give 'em everything I have to enable them to render a favorable TDIU decision...Good advicesmile.png

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

• HadIt.com Elder

An SSA SSDI rating, especially if it is for possible SC conditions, is often downplayed by RO's, and on review or appeal, positive evidence. After all, it's legal evidence of the inability to work, not just someone's opinion.

Edited by Chuck75

Chuck,

So are you saying it would be better to hold onto this and submit it only if my TDIU request is denied? I'm so "on the fence" as what to do. My C&P exam is VERY favorable to my TDIU so maybe that will be the deciding factor. Still...I would regret it if I didn't notify the VA and their decision goes against awarding me TDIU.

LC

LOOSE CANNON