Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I File For Ptsd

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

With all my condition's I have and now being P&T. Does it or will it help to file for PTSD before I kick the can. Does the increase more percent to do any good for my wife in monies?

Some one at HADIT told me to go for every percent you can get.

Of course I'm Ptsd. But I don't want to waste time on something that does no good!

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The problem with filing for every % you can is that when you get greedy, the VA starts looking very closely at some of the things you have. Sometimes you have conditions that may have gotten better & then we have to propose to reduce, & we wouldn't have noticed if you hd left well enough alone. I've seen vets who had 100% for years get greedy & decide they wanted more, then lose that 100% & have ot reduced to say 40% because at the exam we saw their conditions had actually improved, which we wouldn't have noticed if they hadn;t asked for an increase. I'd say leave it be.

Ditto - JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

The problem with filing for every % you can is that when you get greedy, the VA starts looking very closely at some of the things you have. Sometimes you have conditions that may have gotten better & then we have to propose to reduce, & we wouldn't have noticed if you hd left well enough alone. I've seen vets who had 100% for years get greedy & decide they wanted more, then lose that 100% & have ot reduced to say 40% because at the exam we saw their conditions had actually improved, which we wouldn't have noticed if they hadn;t asked for an increase. I'd say leave it be.

Not to be disrespectful, but I can't help but notice that your signature does not show you served in the US Military, nor does it show a service connected disability; it does however show that you work for the VA --and I can't help but find myself feeling uncomfortable, getting angry about your remark about a veteran's being "greedy" and then "we" have to propose to reduce" and "we wouldn't had noticed if you left well enough alone", somehow it just doesn't sit well with me because I would naturally look at a veteran's c-file and first think "severely disabled, catasrtophically disabled". My mind just wouldn't automatically go to being "greedy" --and I am wondering at what point you begin to think that a vet is being greedy --anything over 100%? That's the question I have for you. And, I don't know if you have served, or if your disabled, but I wanted to get this of my chest. BTW, you're photo is very pretty, you look festive if that's you. ~Wings

Not to be disrespectful, but I can't help but notice that your signature does not show you served in the US Military, nor does it show a service connected disability; it does however show that you work for the VA --and I can't help but find myself feeling uncomfortable, getting angry about your remark about a veteran's being "greedy" and then "we" have to propose to reduce" and "we wouldn't had noticed if you left well enough alone", somehow it just doesn't sit well with me because I would naturally look at a veteran's c-file and first think "severely disabled, catasrtophically disabled". My mind just wouldn't automatically go to being "greedy" --and I am wondering at what point you begin to think that a vet is being greedy --anything over 100%? That's the question I have for you. And, I don't know if you have served, or if your disabled, but I wanted to get this of my chest. BTW, you're photo is very pretty, you look festive if that's you. ~Wings

Thank you Wings, I was asking a question, not that i need any more %. Because the goverment should pay us on total percent, and not a 100%. It disrepectful to all us veteran's to think we would serve our country and possibly die for it, and we have someone think we should not get our % or to say we are GREEDY!

I'M at 340%, try to take that away. I promise you will owe me more %%%. You can not pay me enough for what the goverment did.

Tell that to my Grand kid's I won't see!

If you want to talk a about GREEDY, talk to the Goverment!!!mad.gif

I think this post Veldrina made has to be considered in whole and

not just concentrated on the word greedy.

I have to agree with Veldrina's post in that, there have certainly been claimants

that have submitted claims for increase whether it be an additional condition,

a higher percentage or SMC - AND - had they not submitted this claim for increase

their claim would not have been reopened, C&P/s scheduled - that provide updated

medical evidence showing improvement in a SC'd disability, ending with a Rating Decision

that includes a proposal for reduction.

I personally viewed the post as a heads up from an insider and not necessarily

posted as a put down to veterans.

If you have something solid to submit for an increase and your other SC'd disabilities

show no medical evidence of improvement - file for the increase.

Not to scare you off of submitting it -

just remember that if your not covered by the 20 years of protection reg,

a reduction might be possible if improvement is shown.

JMHO

I think this post Veldrina made has to be considered in whole and

not just concentrated on the word greedy.

I have to agree with Veldrina's post in that, there have certainly been claimants

that have submitted claims for increase whether it be an additional condition,

a higher percentage or SMC - AND - had they not submitted this claim for increase

their claim would not have been reopened, C&P/s scheduled - that provide updated

medical evidence showing improvement in a SC'd disability, ending with a Rating Decision

that includes a proposal for reduction.

I personally viewed the post as a heads up from an insider and not necessarily

posted as a put down to veterans.

If you have something solid to submit for an increase and your other SC'd disabilities

show no medical evidence of improvement - file for the increase.

Not to scare you off of submitting it -

just remember that if your not covered by the 20 years of protection reg,

a reduction might be possible if improvement is shown.

JMHO

I think she is right there is a type of person that take advanage of the honor of the right to be a veteran, The VA does not do enough to help, which is not their fault.

Don't raise no flag's, Hide your fox holes

What is the 20 years of protection reg?

SC'd disabilities and combined ratings can not be reduced after 20 years without

a showing of fraud.

A SC'd disability that has been in effect for 10 years can not be severed

unless fraud is involved.