Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I File For Ptsd

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

With all my condition's I have and now being P&T. Does it or will it help to file for PTSD before I kick the can. Does the increase more percent to do any good for my wife in monies?

Some one at HADIT told me to go for every percent you can get.

Of course I'm Ptsd. But I don't want to waste time on something that does no good!

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

SC'd disabilities and combined ratings can not be reduced after 20 years without

a showing of fraud.

A SC'd disability that has been in effect for 10 years can not be severed

unless fraud is involved.

Thank you Carlie, the odds of me making 3 year's, think Vega's has a line on mehuh.png.No serious Thank you, maybe i can get to know you bettersmile.png

Hi all. Yes, that's my pic,. In the summer I work for the Ny Renaissance Faire as the head bellydancer...it keeps me sane. Because dealing with the red tape at the VA is absolutely driving me bonkers. Let me explain a bit about myself. No I never served, and my only disability is my osteoarthritic knee and my migraines which I've developed from the high stress at work. I am a rater at the benefits office. We have the mantra of "help our veterans" driller into our heads at every townhall meeting, every time one of the higher-ups comes to visit, every time we get visitors from central office, yada yadda. And yet we are handed useless policies and ways of doing things that do the exact opposite. For example, we have to make lists of different cases we work on, and annotate lists, and report on lists, and make lists, and make lists of lists, etc....sound very organizes, but it;s actually time consuming and the lists become obsolete day to day because Wash. DC hasn't figured out the word "priority"...everything is a priority...homeless cases are a priority, hardship cases are a priority, POW cases are a priority, and the order of working them shifts depending on which way the wind blows. Just this week we were introduced to a brand new way of doing ratings: you will now not have oodles of explanations on most ratings...you will have a decision, the evidence used and codes. The codes will be translated into language on the notification letter and only the notification letter will explain how we came to the decision. I suspect this is to move the backlog because it's an election year. i also suspect that when there are enough complaints the courts will throw this out on its ear. This will go live nationwide on March 12 but we are starting as early as tomorrow. Yep,. this is really helping our veterans....

I am all for veterans getting every penny and every benefit that you merit. However, what I mean by greedy is that if there is nothing to be gained by filing for over 100%, and you are already at your maximum, you'd probably do best by leaving it alone. I give you guys all due props for your sacrifices and service to this country, but pls remember I also see my share of things that make me grit my teeth. I've had to service connect ppl under duress that I felt deserved a high five in the face with a chair more than the $, and I have cried in frustration (literally) for having to deny ppl who I felt I wasn't even worthy of trying their shoes for them. My position sucks...there's no love from the job, and there's no love from the veterans, as we're disliked only slightly less by one than the other, so it's no wonder that I choose to put my 'fun-job' pic as my avatar ;) I hope that explains my position and comments a little better and that i meant no offents by the "greedy" remark.

PS: pls excuse typos, the cat decided I was warm furniture & protested my typing around him.

First thing first, I have a cat that likes sitting on key boardsmile.png and have two cat that are my life

Second thing I'm not filing for any else, because as you say.

1. It does not do me any good!

2. It's does raise flags!

3. I'm fighting this Cancer and Neuropathy problems thats kicking my butt mentally!

4. I started April 2010, The C&p saw other thing was wrong and award me more conditions, I got to talk to the rater and she was nice and helpful. It took 1 year not bad i though.

5. I file a second time without VSO and direct to 1-800 refile for P&T and a increase PN in April 2011 and by January 9 2012 they gave me more than I needed.

My point is, I think who ever was my rater did agreat job and I think it is a very hard job dealing with some of crazy vietnam veteran's me blink.png I could never work for the goverment and all junk that you have to put up with.

Thank for support of our troop's and no offence taken. I have a little pain once in while and that was my pain momentsad.png

• Founder

Hi all. Yes, that's my pic,. In the summer I work for the Ny Renaissance Faire as the head bellydancer...it keeps me sane. Because dealing with the red tape at the VA is absolutely driving me bonkers. Let me explain a bit about myself. No I never served, and my only disability is my osteoarthritic knee and my migraines which I've developed from the high stress at work. I am a rater at the benefits office. We have the mantra of "help our veterans" driller into our heads at every townhall meeting, every time one of the higher-ups comes to visit, every time we get visitors from central office, yada yadda. And yet we are handed useless policies and ways of doing things that do the exact opposite. For example, we have to make lists of different cases we work on, and annotate lists, and report on lists, and make lists, and make lists of lists, etc....sound very organizes, but it;s actually time consuming and the lists become obsolete day to day because Wash. DC hasn't figured out the word "priority"...everything is a priority...homeless cases are a priority, hardship cases are a priority, POW cases are a priority, and the order of working them shifts depending on which way the wind blows. Just this week we were introduced to a brand new way of doing ratings: you will now not have oodles of explanations on most ratings...you will have a decision, the evidence used and codes. The codes will be translated into language on the notification letter and only the notification letter will explain how we came to the decision. I suspect this is to move the backlog because it's an election year. i also suspect that when there are enough complaints the courts will throw this out on its ear. This will go live nationwide on March 12 but we are starting as early as tomorrow. Yep,. this is really helping our veterans....

I am all for veterans getting every penny and every benefit that you merit. However, what I mean by greedy is that if there is nothing to be gained by filing for over 100%, and you are already at your maximum, you'd probably do best by leaving it alone. I give you guys all due props for your sacrifices and service to this country, but pls remember I also see my share of things that make me grit my teeth. I've had to service connect ppl under duress that I felt deserved a high five in the face with a chair more than the $, and I have cried in frustration (literally) for having to deny ppl who I felt I wasn't even worthy of trying their shoes for them. My position sucks...there's no love from the job, and there's no love from the veterans, as we're disliked only slightly less by one than the other, so it's no wonder that I choose to put my 'fun-job' pic as my avatar ;) I hope that explains my position and comments a little better and that i meant no offents by the "greedy" remark.

I agree with Veldrina and thank her for letting us know how things go at the VA. Veldrina is not saying she feels this way, but in general that is what they think. I've been told this by VA employee's, by a civilian lawyer that does nothing but VA cases and by veterans. It sucks, it's not fair but it is what it is.