Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Letter From Va Today !

Rate this question

ammodad

Question

ok i received a letter from nso today ,"says the amc has received the most recent amc decision concerning my benefits a combined evaluation of 70% has been assigned as a result of the following actions service connection for respiratory disability to include asthma and copd is granted at 30% effective may 11 2005..

this letter is prior to your official notification the amc will inform you of the current monetary monthly and retroactive benefits to which you are entitled .....

not pretending to understand this so i need help at understanding what it is i am looking at and they still have the remanded section they haven't rated yet. how is it i determine the retro and what will it be based on the combined eval or the actual rating itself i guess thats the million dollar question thanks brothers and sis have a great day

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Assuming you were rated at 60% for things unrelated to the 30% - - VA math applies.

30% of the remaining 40% = 12% added to the 60% and rounded (down) to 70%

still trying to understand how i could go from already 60% they rate me a a 30 INCREASE AND I ONLY GO TO 70% not companying just a little confusing

sorry, its the va's fuzzy math.

ammodad,

On the Hadit forums page, scroll down to VA Claims References. Click on 38 CFR 4 Schedule For Rating Disabilities.

Then scroll down to Combined Ratings Table. There you will find a detailed explanation of VA fuzzy math and a table which will show how they calculated your present rating. You must keep in mind that the VA uses a math that is completely alien to the math you learned in school. Hope this helps you understand.

Congratulations! Any bump is a plus! You've earned it through your blood, sweat, etc.