Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

While This Isn't A Published Scandal, It Should Be.. !

retiredat44

• HadIt.com Elder

Although this does not affect all who use the VA is a problem for far to many.

If this was me I would go to VAMC and ask to talk to the Administer in the Administration Office. You won't talk to them but they will give you an assistamnt who will listen to your problem than I bet will fix it.

The Pharmacy at the VA can be a nightmare.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although this does not affect all who use the VA is a problem for far to many.

If this was me I would go to VAMC and ask to talk to the Administer in the Administration Office. You won't talk to them but they will give you an assistamnt who will listen to your problem than I bet will fix it.

The Pharmacy at the VA can be a nightmare.

it wasn't the pharmacy, it was the fact that my doctor (a new doctor,, my old one left, ( don't know how many weeks ago, no one said..) they could not find my doctor and 5 days had gone by since she was last seen.. and I needed my monthly morphine..., so it took a long seach through the hospital to find a person (nurse) who called the other clinic to find a nurse to find a doctor.. to write my montly script refill.. it only took me 3 hours... and that was after having a needle inject meds into my spine, before my search started..

I have been taking the pain meds for 20 years, so it wasn't a new case...

now I have a bad sore throat,, whoopeee.. this pain and illness never ends... like the damned appeal..

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I called for my monthly Morphine, and the call center told me they were going to send my reques to my primary doctor, they told me they were going to send it to the doctor that disappeared a few months ago, I had to stop them before they hung up, and told them that that doctor was gone and please send it to my new doctor, they said they didn't have the new doctor, even though the same call center, told me in person last month (after 2 hours of running around the hsopital to find a replacement for a case nurse, because case nurses no longer exist, they claimed..), that I did have a new doctor and they told me the doctor's name.. now they say the computer does not show the new doctor, it shows the old,, so they will get the message to the clinic..

(also, they only had the Morphine (srt) slow release listed, not the 2nd one, the morphine immediate release, you must take both together).

a patient must call in each month for these meds, they will, cannot, send these without you asking, and you can only request them on certain days, not a few days early, it must be within a window of the 30 days after the last refill..

I have been on pain narcotics for 20 years, and when the routine gets screwed up, it's a nigthmare to fix..

Cluster F$##$%%#$%^%^%^$%%%^%

if anyone else has the misfortune of having to rely on narcotics to kill pain to live, the struggle to get them is hell... the fear of going through withdrawls is

Hell x 1,000,000 .....

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are able you can walk in to emergency and probably get some help.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are able you can walk in to emergency and probably get some help.

I agree with Pete. Please don't sweat this out at home, go to the ER. ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)