Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Presumptive Disabilities, Well Worth The Reading

Rate this question

cooter

Question

Ran across this article when checking for presumptive disabilities for Vietnam Vets. The best info I've ever found re;

IMPROVING THE PRESUMPTIVEDISABILITY DECISION-MAKING PROCESS FOR VETERANS

Committee on Evaluation of the Presumptive Disability Decision-Making Process for Veterans

Board on Military and Veterans Health

http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=11908&page=R1

Coot

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

You got that right! VA has to much info their keeping from us veterans. If the VA went transparent, they couldn't hire enough people to handle the influx of claims..lol..They had a handfull just with the Nehmer cases let alone this. Hmmm, on second thought, maybe thats not such a good idea, if you know what I mean..

Coot

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA does not hide things from vets as much as they just don't mention them. How many Vietnam vets know that they can get compensation for the many forms of IHD? I was talking to a Vietnam vet about a week ago and he asked me if I ever had the AO Registry Exam. I said I had it about ten years ago. This vet said he took it and the doctors said there was nothing he had that was presumptive. I am looking at this guy and he is a walking heart attack. He has risk factors all over the place. It is not up to me to lecture him on his life style and the fact AO adds a whole new level of risk to having lung cancer or a heart attack. I wonder if the doctor doing the AO exam pointed out that he is probably going to die from an AO type disease? He may not have it this minute but he is going to get it.

Think I'll wait till the local library gets it. It will be found in the fiction section. A transparent VA. No way that's ever going to happen. Get Congress involved in things. Hell, they can't even get a majority vote on how many martinis to have with lunch. And anytime the VA or DoD is involved in an 'independent' study considering a new presumptive,we all know which way the playing field is tilted.

Edited by johnjjr