Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Special Operations Claims Team?

Rate this question

GoldDvlDog

Question

Hey all its me again lol. My claim is at the houston office for18 months now and the 1800 number told me my claim is with the special operations processing team. Yet no one at the 1800 number knew what that means and they told me to call the regional office to find out but when you call them it redirects you back to the 1800 number.... My question is does anyone know what the "special operations claims processing team" is exacttly?? I was told this is not the regular processing team thou.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey all its me again lol. My claim is at the houston office for18 months now and the 1800 number told me my claim is with the special operations processing team. Yet no one at the 1800 number knew what that means and they told me to call the regional office to find out but when you call them it redirects you back to the 1800 number.... My question is does anyone know what the "special operations claims processing team" is exacttly?? I was told this is not the regular processing team thou.

x

x

x

I have never head the term "special operations processing team" ... What is your claim for? ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

I would assume (ah..... the old assume) that it means you filed and stated that you worked with or were in an operation with what is considered Special Operations units (SEALS, Force Recon, Special Forces, Rangers, AF Spec Ops, Delta, etc) and that VA is using people trained in claims for members of and troops who served with those high speed, low drag guys. I've read a few things online that VA didn't know how to handle claims for these guys as their missions might still be classified or 'never happened' so they need to look at them from a different point of view compared to a person who has his/her service well documented in their Service and Medical record books.

Again, I assume that is what it means. I believe there is a Fast Letter or Training Letter on it somewhere.

I asked my friend at the va about this special operations team, he said if he told me he would have to kill me....

Lol .......really though..... he said there was no team by that name...

The only thing that comes to mind for me would be the Tiger Team,

it's a special processing team BUT HAS NOTHING TO DO with

military or va "special operations".

http://www.theveteransblog.org/blog/2009/10/what-is-the-va%E2%80%99s-tiger-team/

What is the VA’s Tiger Team?

Did you know that the VA maintains a special claims processing unit that expedites high priority compensation claims from across the nation?

The team of senior adjudicators is located in the Cleveland VA Regional Office. The Tiger Team was formed in November of 2001 with a goal of quickly processing claims from veterans age 70 or older that have been pending for over one year. Typically, WWII and Korean War veterans are the claimants served by the Tiger Team. The team works in collaboration with nine Resource Centers and processes no less than 1,380 claims per month.

The Tiger Team has three main duties:

• Developing needed evidence
  • Preparing rating decisions
  • Processing award actions

While precise information on the processing time of a typical claim reviewed by the Tiger Team is not available on the VA’s website, some veterans say they received a rating decision within 10-15 business days.

Have you received a rating decision from the Tiger Team? Do you know anyone who has? If so, share your experience with other readers in our forum, Your Voice.

If you are disabled vet and need assistance with your VA disability claim, contact the disability rights law firm of LaVan and Neidenberg.

Tags: Cleveland VA Regional Office, disabled vet, Korean War veterans, Tiger Team, VA, VA disability claim, VA rating decision, WWII

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I read somewhere that now there is a military liaison for the VA to go to in cases involving classified information/missions. This liaison will verify that the veteran was involved in classified work.

If I told you more, I would have to cut off your head and put it in a safe. That's the way we roll.......

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

• HadIt.com Elder

Supposedly, the VA can contact DOD, and get info concerning such things as S.O. Beyond that I've heard mention of this, but don't know the details.

Remember that this is not a new problem, and Vietnam/Cambodia veterans had similar problems in the past.