VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Denied My Smc For 100% + 60% "s" Award . . .

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet - I only signed up w/them a month ago, so I haven't needed to make any calls, to them. They did send me a letter, last wk, explaining the process and the allowed times for filings, etc. Also advised me to call anytime and who to speak to, about my case. I last used Robert Chisholm, of Chisholm, Chisholm & Kilpatrick, of Providence, RI, and while he was good (won a remand) he didn't communicate that often but always took my calls. Case took about 3.5 yrs to process and, of course, his fees were paid thru the EAJA. He dropped me about a yr later.

pr

PR...

How do you like B&M? Do they return your phone calls?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks PR. I find it interesting that your attorney dropped you. Not to insult you or your claim, but I am sure it was a money decision..that law firm probably decided that it wasnt worth waiting that long to try to get more. Lots of people think that attorney's sit around and eat bon bons and collect hefty fees.

One attorney I spoke with "dropped" all VA cases. He just said it took too long to get his money, and social security is much faster. The VA wants to wrestle every nickel.

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet - He kept me as his client for an appropriate yr after the court's remand. I think he saw it was going to take a little more work than he wanted to do. The thing is they get paid either way thru the EAJA. The nice thing is that when he notified me he was withdrawing, from my case, he sent me copies of a decision, that the VA had never sent me, which added 3 more 10%'s to my 100+30 awards and made my claim for 100+60 equal the 100+60, that I'm now fighting for. If I win, which I should, just based on the original HB, it'll be a retro award of over 24yrs. Nice little chunk of change. jmo

pr

Thanks PR. I find it interesting that your attorney dropped you. Not to insult you or your claim, but I am sure it was a money decision..that law firm probably decided that it wasnt worth waiting that long to try to get more. Lots of people think that attorney's sit around and eat bon bons and collect hefty fees.

One attorney I spoke with "dropped" all VA cases. He just said it took too long to get his money, and social security is much faster. The VA wants to wrestle every nickel.

• HadIt.com Elder

My lawyer is telling me he will represent me at the court and beyond regardless. I hope he means that and I hope I live that long. My case has already been to the court twice. If the lawyer thinks he has a chance and there is a lot of retro that is a good motivator. Phil, having a case against the VA will motivate you to live to 100.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

John, I think I have a great case and myself and the lawyers are really, really, motivated!!! Don't know that I'd want to make a 100yo, tho, as the way I'm feeling these days those last 15-20yrs may be in a nursing home, wearing diapers. Ya know they always say ya can live longer but they never discuss what those last few yrs may be like. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with you, Phil. You need to get married so you have a reason to live to pass on your benefits.