Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sucess?

Rate this topic

world_wide

That is great, and such a relief for you. I am curious though, how long did your claim take to process? I don't expect to get a pre-notification letter in the mail, would be nice, but have learned to be more of a pessimist instead of optimist regarding claims. Again, congratulations, Donna

I began this claim in early 2010. So it has been more than 2 years. It maybe could have gone slightly faster but I was working on a ship for a little while, so they had to reschedule my 2nd C&P exam. I am inclined to agree with your view of pessimism too. Or as the saying goes 'expect the worst but pray for the best.'

I met with my RO and he was excellent. I also had a good VFW rep, so this whole thing with the DAV through me for a loop, until I spoke with a DAV rep who had also been helping me. I am inclined to always see things in black and white as opposed to shades of gray.

Anyway I hope your claim will go well. Hang in there no matter what.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure glad it all worked out for you!!! Was P&T brought up in the conversation?

Coot

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

I'm sure glad it all worked out for you!!! Was P&T brought up in the conversation?

Coot

Hi Coot, thanks. Yes P&T was a part of the conversation. Pretty much everything the DAV letter said was reinforced by the VA guy I spoke with this afternoon. By the way, I took your suggestion about regarding calling the DAV, but they were busy and told me to call back tomorrow. Thanks for your suggestion.

Edited by world_wide

It's good things turned out ok for you. Two years....was this an appeal?

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

Got the official letter from the VA yesterday confirming what the DAV said. So now I wait on the back pay I suppose. VA says my first pay day will be April 1st.

Congratulations world_wide!!

CHR49

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use