Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wondering Question

Rate this question

abnmi

Question

Had part of my C+P Exam last Wednesday(already had the dental portion for TMJ two weeks prior). The portion last week also included my exam for PTSD. The provider was very thorough the exam took almost three hours and was detailed. The provider said i had moderately sever PTSD has anyone ever heard of this and what was their outcome if they have been diagnosed with it. Thanks in advance.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Had part of my C+P Exam last Wednesday(already had the dental portion for TMJ two weeks prior). The portion last week also included my exam for PTSD. The provider was very thorough the exam took almost three hours and was detailed. The provider said i had moderately sever PTSD has anyone ever heard of this and what was their outcome if they have been diagnosed with it. Thanks in advance.

I got 70% from this. Or course the usual is for the VA to give you 50%. I don't think the length of you C&P matters. Mine was 45 minutes. A long detailed medical report of treatment is more important IMO. Good luck.

I assume your claim falls under the new PTSD regulations here:

If the stressor doesn't comply with the "hostile activity" part of the regs ,they will still try to verify your stressor via JSRRC. (Joint Services Records Research Center)

"The provider said i had moderately sever PTSD has anyone ever heard of this and what was their outcome if they have been diagnosed with it. "

With a VA diagnosis of PTSD and a verified or conceded stressor within your serice period, the VA will award Service connection for PTSD.

Hard to really guess on the rating at this point.

The VA's Schedule for Ratings is here at hadit and the ratings for PTSD are found under Diagnositc code 9411.

Edited by Tbird
Added Definition for JSRRC

abnmi,if you pick up your C&P exam notes, could you post the results on this forum, someone on hadit could better respond to your question

mobie

So i finally completed my C+P. I got the notes from my PTSD one. It is rather lengthy, diagnosis 1 PTSD, chronic with depression.AXIS 1, PTSD. Overall PTSD symptom severity was assessed to be severe. Moderately-severe depression. No Axis 2. Axis 3 TMJ, sinusitis, migraines, RLS, tinnitus, gall bladder issues. Axis 4 distress associated with PTSD. Axis 5 Current GAF 0f 45 from history and symptoms this is general level of functioning for a longer period of time. Listed as GAF range of 41-50. Serious social impairment. Meets full criteria for PTSD DX.Medical opinion, the claimed condition was 50% or greater probability caused by in service connection. Thoughts.

You could get service connected anywhere from 50% to 70% . If you are ganiful unemployable due to PTSD,you could get a 100%.

mobie