Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does The Age Of A Claim Have Any Impact On Its Approval/disapproval?

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I was wondering if the age of a claim may have anything to do whether or not a claim will be approved or disapproved? I would think not. My claim is 26 months old, and was in "Gathering Evidence" for 24 months. They must have done a lot of gatheringtongue.png . Does the VA do this to hurt the Veteran with more stress, depression, etc. I mean, I do not think it took the Warren Commission that long to gather evidence. Am I being punished? It sure seem like it.

Papa

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Papa,

I think it does have to do with age! In case of one of my claims, they new that in time the claim for depression, bowel dysfunction would get better with drugs and time.

That i would give up or the drugs would solve the problems with age or time!

Yes but with all do respect, getting better with time or drugs has nothing to do with the age of a claim, the age of evidence or the decision rendered. In fact in cases where conditons are known to get better in time or because of durgs these are rarly rated as total and if they are they are also scheduled for future exams.....

Yes but with all do respect, getting better with time or drugs has nothing to do with the age of a claim, the age of evidence or the decision rendered. In fact in cases where conditons are known to get better in time or because of durgs these are rarly rated as total and if they are they are also scheduled for future exams.....

Teac,

As I'm having chest pain, age has nothing to do with it.

Once again, i love this, you are right, and i'm wrong! It's not about respect, it's about how they treat us!!!!!

Maybe you have miss going to the VA Hospital lately.

I guess I will be demoted for not understanding, but when again, I will take another PILL, and forget you!!!

Just joking. Thank you!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

Teac,

As I'm having chest pain, age has nothing to do with it.

Once again, i love this, you are right, and i'm wrong! It's not about respect, it's about how they treat us!!!!!

Maybe you have miss going to the VA Hospital lately.

I guess I will be demoted for not understanding, but when again, I will take another PILL, and forget you!!!

Just joking. Thank you!

SP4,

It seems that your are raising a different issue, that being medical care provided by the VA.

I can assure you that your not the only one who feels your not receiving the proper care. I have lost sight in my left eye because of blotched cataract surgery by the va, and the regional office still refuses to recognize the facts of my claim.

I have also been to pain management for my back , knee and leg problems all service connected and to date haven't see one real doctor in fact I am sure all the pain management clinic in San Antonio has are PA not doctors.

But on the other side of the coin, my audologist has treated me with diginity and respect. He answers my questions and he orders items that he thinks will help my hearing problems. He even submitted a consult for EENT clinic to find out if there is a problem that would cause me to lose so much hearing in the last year. He seems to be really concerned for my welfare, and this I find refreshing....

I suspect we have a lot more in common that we realize.. one thing for sure we are brothers in arms.....

To the OP sorry, I took a curve from the subject of the thread.....

I agree with SP4.

Statistics support the position that "new" claims are rarely approved. Most Vets, who have earned benefits (especially 100 percent) have not done so without a many year fight. The VA very rarely hands out 100% ratings in six months, like they claim. The average 100 percent Veteran probably had to go through at least one appeal. In the several years I have been on this board, I have met ONE Vet who got 100 percent in six months or less. All of the others took years.

So, if you have a "new" claim, that is, under six months old, chances are very good you wont be seeing much compensation for several more years. That is the way I see it.

I agree with SP4.

Statistics support the position that "new" claims are rarely approved. Most Vets, who have earned benefits (especially 100 percent) have not done so without a many year fight. The VA very rarely hands out 100% ratings in six months, like they claim. The average 100 percent Veteran probably had to go through at least one appeal. In the several years I have been on this board, I have met ONE Vet who got 100 percent in six months or less. All of the others took years.

So, if you have a "new" claim, that is, under six months old, chances are very good you wont be seeing much compensation for several more years. That is the way I see it.

As we all know most claims take more than six months to decide, not just those claims for 100%, so your statement really isn't a fair assement. But frankly unless a veteran has a case like mine were the rules are cut and dry ( oxygen use = 100%) no one really expects to get 100%. I would say more veterans have been rated TDIU than have been rated 100%. As to my claim for 100%.. just over a year. The va claims 1/3 of all claims are awarded the first time around... but who really knows if they mean first time claims or if that includes request for higher ratings.

SP4,

It seems that your are raising a different issue, that being medical care provided by the VA.

I can assure you that your not the only one who feels your not receiving the proper care. I have lost sight in my left eye because of blotched cataract surgery by the va, and the regional office still refuses to recognize the facts of my claim.

I have also been to pain management for my back , knee and leg problems all service connected and to date haven't see one real doctor in fact I am sure all the pain management clinic in San Antonio has are PA not doctors.

But on the other side of the coin, my audologist has treated me with diginity and respect. He answers my questions and he orders items that he thinks will help my hearing problems. He even submitted a consult for EENT clinic to find out if there is a problem that would cause me to lose so much hearing in the last year. He seems to be really concerned for my welfare, and this I find refreshing....

I suspect we have a lot more in common that we realize.. one thing for sure we are brothers in arms.....

To the OP sorry, I took a curve from the subject of the thread.....

Teac, We agree, But saying that! I was not talking about age of the claim, but the age of us.

As we get older, I think VA looks at our age and puts of our claims on hold.

In hope we go away or we quit fighting

Yes we have alot in common, we are fighting for the same things, and were from Texas. I love Texas!!!smile.png

I hope the best on your Health, keep fighting!

Edited by SP4RVN1971

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"