Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Primary Care Will Not Answer Phone

Rate this topic

Did not sleep one wink last night. Tryed to get in touch with my P. Care M.D. to let him know that eh med he gave me had not worked at all. Guess what, I called for hours and no one answered the phone. Then it would just hang up. I finally got the p. care office around 2:20 and they said they would have the doc call me. Well, he did not call so I made a appt with a doc outside of the V.A. for tomorrow at 3:30. Not I am sure I will have a sleep study which I need. I have gone about 15 nights without sleep, normally I fall asleep about 8 in the am and sleep to 12. Do I have any recourse against the p. care people, who can I report this to. Some people would die before the phone was answered. Thnaks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the patient advocate. Some areas have VA outpatient clinics that if available in your area I would try. Most VA doctors can only be contacted during an actual appointment. That is why I just end up going to the emergency room.

Your health is very important. They don't want to respond, go to the emergency room if is indeed an emergency. Contact the VA during the next business day as most only operate 7-5PM.

I went to the emergency room at the VA in Tucson a few years ago after midnight is was locked, No one ever answered the buzzer. I went to a regular hospital as I have an outstanding insurance-better treatment then the VA provides.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not only do they not answer they don't return calls. Call Patient Advocate or ask to speak to an Administrator. Believe it or not I have more luck talking to Administrator cause when they call the people worry about what they will do.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I get a quick response through secure messaging in the My Healthe Vet program.