Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu And C&p Exam

Rate this question

donh777

Question

Need help to see what else I can do.....Here is what the c&p examiner wrote::::::::::::This veteran meets criteria for major depressive disorder. It is associated with marked interpersonal dysfunction. He does not socialize with anyone, including family members and evens includes his grandchildren. He screams at his wife frequently. This type of interpersonal problem would make it very difficult for him to function in most jobs, and it would impact his ability to perform sedentary activities of employment. Having said that the veteran himself will note that he is not working at this time primarily because of physical disabilities. He is in extreme pain from DJD of lumbar spine, and this would impair his ability to perform physical work..He is not able to stand for very long or sit for very long and this may disrupt his ability to perform sedentary activities actives of employment.

VA's denial report..............Your claim for IU was denied because the evidence does not show you are unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of service connected disabilities. Note....Although your mental health examiner indicated you may have difficulty in the work place due to some of your mental health symptoms, you stated you are not working at the present time because of physical disabilities, which WOULD NOT preclude SEDENTARY types of employment... Service connected 40% for IVDS of lumbar back, major depressive disorder due to back pain is 50% and 10% for bladder dysfunction. I have already filed my NOD.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

i am 40 percent for my thoracic spine and 30 percent for depression. i was awarded IU back in early december. the ortho doc who did my c&p clearly stated that my back would prevent me from being employed. i also have a shrink who wrote on my c&p that my depression often leads to long periods of social isolation and i couldn't work a sedentary job. i have inflmmatory arthritis beside the afore mentioned back and depression problems which has put me in a wheelchair and receiving hime health care at va expense.

Need help to see what else I can do.....Here is what the c&p examiner wrote::::::::::::This veteran meets criteria for major depressive disorder. It is associated with marked interpersonal dysfunction. He does not socialize with anyone, including family members and evens includes his grandchildren. He screams at his wife frequently. This type of interpersonal problem would make it very difficult for him to function in most jobs, and it would impact his ability to perform sedentary activities of employment. Having said that the veteran himself will note that he is not working at this time primarily because of physical disabilities. He is in extreme pain from DJD of lumbar spine, and this would impair his ability to perform physical work..He is not able to stand for very long or sit for very long and this may disrupt his ability to perform sedentary activities actives of employment.

VA's denial report..............Your claim for IU was denied because the evidence does not show you are unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of service connected disabilities. Note....Although your mental health examiner indicated you may have difficulty in the work place due to some of your mental health symptoms, you stated you are not working at the present time because of physical disabilities, which WOULD NOT preclude SEDENTARY types of employment... Service connected 40% for IVDS of lumbar back, major depressive disorder due to back pain is 50% and 10% for bladder dysfunction. I have already filed my NOD.

What medical evidence do you have to overcome the denial ?

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I have to lie down 5 or 6 times a day for pain adjustment. That would be hard for me to do sedentary work.

Coot

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!