Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Only Took 4 Years!

Rate this topic

rdnkjeeper

I don't know why this surprised me, but when the retro hit the bank it was less than half of what it was supposed to be. Called my VSO and they said my effective date is almost 2 years after I filed. So it looks like I am back in the appeal line to get my effective date fixed. I was so pissed that I mailed them a copy of the form that shows the date it was submitted and even called my Senator.

Why does the VA have to continue to mess with everyone?

I don't know why this surprised me, but when the retro hit the bank it was less than half of what it was supposed to be.

Called my VSO and they said my effective date is almost 2 years after I filed.

When you get the actual rating decision please post exactly what is stated.

Sounds like perhaps they used the date of an exam showing an increase,

as the effective date.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the statement of the case yesterday. They awarded it based on the date of the C&P. I am hoping that it is an easy fix. I am not holding my breath, but I am still hoping.

Good for you for looking at that! This is just another example that has been going on for ages. I believe this certain issue tops the charts for the most amount of screw-ups at the VA. This is the exact reason why we need to read these at least 2 or 3 times. A lot of times a vet will get the decision letter, and their so giddy about their award, everything else in the letter turns into a blank, until they settle down and read it again. I for one has done it too.

rdnkjeeper...That should be a fast and easy fix unless they found a problem with it. More than likely, the problem lies with them.

Coot

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use