VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exposure To Jp-4, Jp-5, Jp-8 And Diesel Evidence

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

My recent denial for COPD says that JP-5 could not cause respiratory problems. I was exposed daily for 3 1/2 years.

Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) shows that Jp-5 and other jet fuels can cause chronic respiratory disease.

http://bairdoil.com/msds/msdskerosene.pdf

Excerpt:

Inhalation : May cause nose, throat, and lung irritation. Central nervous system (brain)

effects may include headache, dizziness, loss of balance and coordination,

unconsciousness, coma, respiratory failure, and death. Burning any hydrocarbon

as a fuel in an area without adequate ventilation may result in hazardous levels

of combustion products, including carbon monoxide, and inadequate oxygen

levels, which may cause unconsciousness, suffocation, and death.

Chronic exposure Similar products produced skin cancer and systemic toxicity in laboratory

animals following repeated applications. The significance of these results to

human exposures has not been determined - see Section 11 Toxicological

Information.

Target Organs : Respiratory system, Eyes, Skin, and Irritation from skin exposure may aggravate

existing open skin wounds, skin disorders, and dermatitis conditions. Chronic

respiratory, cardiovascular, and liver disease may be aggravated by exposure.

Force Health....Military Vehicle and Aircraft Exhaust....Shows JP-5 causes chronic bronchitis (COPD)

http://deploymenthealthlibrary.fhp.osd.mil/Product/RetrieveFile?prodId=307

Excerpt:

In general, short-term exposure to exhaust can cause

irritation to the eyes, nose and throat, headaches, lightheadedness,

dizziness, and chest tightness. Long– term

exposure to exhaust can aggravate heart or lung function

causing bronchitis or asthma. For those exposed over

months or years, exposure may also increase risk of heart

disease and cancer.

I am already service connected for chemicals, and got sick from them on active duty (in my medical records,  many times...plus hospitalizations on active duty). only problems is I got much sicker and have along list of issues.. plus, I got sick from other chemicals such as trico, and they recognized it already.... so, yes, in a way you are right, but I already had a track record for being sick on active duty, plus more chemicals are linked to presumptive.... then there are damages I suffered in the 1151, where the hospital wrote me an IMO stating they caused injuries... and it goes on and on...

I know a vet personally who had pancreatic cancer, who was suppose to die, but ended up living after the really big surgery. he worked in the boiler rooms on ships, he never could get service connected. and they will try to say all kinds of things are hereditary without any proof of your family anything about your family at all. So, unless some doctor links say asbestos, or some fuel, or other, it is very hard to link. It is very hard to find a doctor to help link it, and hard to pay for the IMO's. JP-5 has a higher flash point than jp-4. Otherwise, same stuff.

You guys want to learn a little about fuels. Look, red, investigate the development of gasoline and the introduction of lead into gasoline, and what happened to the people who studied it and it's effects. You will be absolutely shocked when you find out what happened to the people who figured out how to put lead into gas. it is a crazy story and got our government (congress stopped lead from being band for decades, even after they found out how it destroyed people) involved and they became part of the conspiracy to keep it in use because without the lead our transportation systems would have never been developed, or would have been seriously delayed. This is no joke. There are long historic references and stories on what happened and why, regarding the fuels and the chemicals.

Stretch, I my book, all these different fuel's are very dangerous! Just like Agent Orange. Once again they put you in harm's way with the material you have to work with!

They are so good at the two step! Dance around and hope you go away.

I slept above jp 5 for two years. Let me tell you that nothing impresses the ladies More than your clothes reeking of au de jp5. Been trying to

Read up on jp5. Thanks for the info.