VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review Works!

Rate this topic

sox

I recieved a call from my regional office and they said that there was a mistake with some paperwork that was sent because of residual problems with TBI was not addressed with my DRO Review and they also wanted to call to make sure I knew. Yesterday I got my statement of case letting me know what conditions were not Service Connected and a small paragraph stating my ptsd is now service connected along with fractures of both arms etc. I went to Ebenefits and I looked at my verification letter and I was blown away.... Service connected at 70%! (minus the 40% for headaches, shouldure, tinnitus recieving). Plus I think I have about 20 months of Retro comming my way!

I just got the official breakdown

50% Ptsd

0% Tbi

30% Headaches

10% Tinnitus

10% Sholdure Dislocation

0% Right Fractured Elbow

0% Right Fractured Wrist

0% Right Fractured Little Finger

0% Left Fractured Wrist

0% Skin condition

I have been living off of the cheapest food possible (even going to pantrys and soup kitchens) and feel like I have been living under a rock for the last 2 years with bills piling up etc.

Thank God for the DRO Review. Two of the things that I think helped is I would send several News articles or military documents (AFI policies etc) off to the va every couple of weeks, and I would send every 3 months a status and progress check request while I was waiting for the DRO Review. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and guidence!

A BIG THUMBS UP TO HADIT.COM!!!

So glad you can breathe a little easier! Congratulations! Please tell me you worked through the Atlanta VARO biggrin.png

FABULOUS NEWS!!!!!!

You were proactive with you claims and that can turn the tide!!!!!!

They might defer a TDIU issue(if you applied for TDIU) or send you the TDIU form.

The actual decision will tell you more and 70% isnt far away from TDIU.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful support! This experience has been the most difficult and trying time I have ever been through. My home almost went into foreclosure, I lost my job because I was taking time off from dizziness headaches and went on unemployment that didn't pay much more above my mortgage. I went through all my savings (not much I'm in my mid thirties) then was able to find another job that paid at half at what I was making before. I was even taking some vacation time to save money on gas driving back and forth to my new job. This has been the most difficult time I have ever been through in my life and if it wasn't for my Fiance, God and Hadit I probabley would not be hear to tell my story.

I hope that the Veterans Administration knows how much their decisions impact the lives of veterans and how much veterans struggle while they are waiting for the VA's decision. If any of you are wondering what VA Regional Office this it was the Manchester N.H. VARO.

A BIG Thank You from the bottom of my heart!

Sox

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use