Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review Works!

Rate this topic

sox

• Founder

Outstanding Sox. This is just such great news. Many of us have been there or are there now. Money is tight and everyday a struggle and that's just day to day life add in PTSD and it the stress becomes damn near unbearable. Very happy for you Sox!

For one thing you deserved it! It's just a shame you had to wait so long to get it. I really hope this put's you at a comfortable stage of life until better things approach like TDIU. So far so good. Hang in there my friend.

Coot

Thank you so much! I know when things seemed bleak reading the success stories was always uplifting for me and I am sure the same for other Vets. Now that I have the decision from the DRO I have to put my VA Form 9 together for the conditions that were not approved. So the clock has started ticking and I have to put something together before the 60 days is up (June 29th).

I keep a note with the date at work to remind me every day when I have to get this submitted by.

Thank You Everyone and know that this community has so much more meaning than most realize.

God Bless,

Sox

Thank you so much! I know when things seemed bleak reading the success stories was always uplifting for me and I am sure the same for other Vets.

Now that I have the decision from the DRO I have to put my VA Form 9 together for the conditions that were not approved. So the clock has started ticking and I have to put something together before the 60 days is up (June 29th).

I keep a note with the date at work to remind me every day when I have to get this submitted by.

Thank You Everyone and know that this community has so much more meaning than most realize.

God Bless,

Sox

sox,

Just a suggestion because this might help you out.

Can you post exactly from the rating decision the issues you plan to put on the Form 9

the exact Reasons and Bases for the denials and what evidence you have that would support a grant

of these issues.

Letting members here run thru it with you for some guidance and help, I feel would be most beneficial

and for your best interest.

I say this because sometimes claimants get hung up on getting issues granted and going thru YEARS

in appeals - and it turns out the issues they were so concerned with, don't comp with much of a percentage

and the issues they did not feel were as important - compensated at much higher percentages.

In other words - many times it's not really worth going into years for appeals for say 3 issues that can only

be evaluated at 10 percent each versus an issue that would start out with a 30 or 50 percent evaluation.

Also, I think when more is said and done on your TBI issue - it will prevail with a percentage evaluation,

being they are still taking action on the TBI issue.

Do what you feel comfortable with - but I really think the members here can give some great

input and questions for you (like VA will do) PRIOR to you submitting your form 9.

JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

Sox

Congrats and I also am a believer in using DRO combined with hearing. The reason for the Hearing for many it is the only chance to see the Rater face to face and to be able to ask questions and point out regulations and facts that prove our claim. Every Hearing I went to helped my claim. Every Victory I had happened at VARO.

Good Luck on your appeals and if you are not working or getting SSD you need to make sure you notify the VA. Also if not working apply for Social Security.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use