Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One Year And Still Waiting

Rate this question

oldranger821

Question

Just talked to the DAV Rep in St. Pete. The VA is waiting for the AF/DOD confirmation that I was in Nam. What the H@##$%%. I sent them medical records where I was seen at Phan Rang and Pleiku medical clinics. I sent copies of personnel records that shows I was in Nam in 1968. About 6 months ago, I noticed that Ebennies had me only serving fro Oct 1980 to nov 1984. I sent them copies of my 214 that was 3 pages long. they only had the first page in there file. IT'S STILL That way!!!! Pure incompitdence!!!!! in the VA files. Ebennies has it right. The DAV rep said That is the reason they ask for ther confirmation. They (AIR FORCE/DOD) has had the paperwork since 24 April 2012. Rep said 4 months more if I am really LUCKY. sad.pngmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was told by a VA couselor that the St. Pete VARO gets 10,000 pieces of mail a day. Can you imagine the mail room at the VARO? I live 20 miles from the VARO. I have made many trips with documents in hand after they have lost my documents. I know not everyone can do that trip, but this is one reason I stay close. If they tried real monkey business on me I would just camp out there. I would be there every day in person. If you can talk to a person sometimes things can be fixed in 2 minutes. I asked for a DRO hearing about 10 years ago on my TDIU claim. I went to the VA to look at my C-File. I found out by accident that the VA was in the process of certifying my claim to the BVA. I had not asked for a BVA appeal. I told the guy watching me look through the file that I had asked for a DRO and showed him the letter that was date stamped sitting in my file. He fixed the situation. All this by accident. I got my DRO and I got my TDIU within 5 months. My entire claims career with the VA has been an accident with me asking questions and not knowing the answers.

John999 this exact thing happened to me at ST pete. I asked for a DRO and the next thing I know My NOD is with the DAV in D.C. at BVA. Been there awhile... till I dumped the DAV, now I am just waiting for the VLJ to pick it up and work it. Got a somewhat older docket number. Thanks DAV.

• HadIt.com Elder

Quik

St. Pete VARO is just about the worst place for a vet there is in the USA. It is a black hole. If you even get a feeling that something is wrong with your claim at St. Pete start calling, writing or visiting to find out what is wrong. Your instincts are probably right. I wonder what happens if I were to move out of the area and have a new VARO. Would my file just vanish? Would I have to prove P&T all over again? Dealing with St. Pete has turned me into a paranoid person. When I get a letter from them I get this sick feeling even when I am waiting for something good.

john