VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Va Letter Yet, But...

Rate this topic

I have not gotten an official DVA notification, but got a letter from DAV today, although it notes that VA "reserves the right to modify the decision prior to your official notification," that VA has made a decision. They state I was assigned a 70% evaluation for PTSD , entitlement to individual unemployability is deferred.

Gosh, I know I should be excited, if in fact VA maintains the decision, but this feels like such a long, hard road that it's not fully hit me, yet, although I am very grateful that it may almost be over. I do have other claims in that are not even mentioned, but may be mentioned when I get an official VA letter. I have been working on this since 2005, determined to not give up on what I knew was the evidence to sc. Finally, somebody found it and read it, without it having to go to BVA which was what I was expecting, at this point. I've been in treatment for so long, but did not submit a claim until 2005, not even knowing that I was eligible to do so. I think the clinker was the last C&P exam where the examiner did a little tidbit of stumbling around my diagnosis, but conceded that PTSD was one of the assigned diagnosis and that it was related to service.

Can anyone share with me what is "deferred?" Will I need to submit anything else to them, or will VA consider it themselves? Will that mean another appeal for me if not conceded? I profusely thank everybody on this site that has responded to my questions, in addition to this site for all the information available that has been a tremendous help when I felt so lost in working my claim. Thank you so very much!! I wish much success with their claim to all that are still working their claim. Truly, please stay determined!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you filled out the TDIU official form? I don't know why they would defer TDIU other than they don't have medical evidence that says you are unemployable. Then there is the VA thing where they just like to hold onto the money for as long as possible. They are praying you might die or get hit by a runaway beer truck.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats, you should be all set! The VA almost never changes the decision once they've notified the VSO. They may have deferred the TDIU decision, pending you filing an application or awaiting additional evidence. jmo

pr

I have not gotten an official DVA notification, but got a letter from DAV today, although it notes that VA "reserves the right to modify the decision prior to your official notification," that VA has made a decision. They state I was assigned a 70% evaluation for PTSD , entitlement to individual unemployability is deferred.

Gosh, I know I should be excited, if in fact VA maintains the decision, but this feels like such a long, hard road that it's not fully hit me, yet, although I am very grateful that it may almost be over. I do have other claims in that are not even mentioned, but may be mentioned when I get an official VA letter. I have been working on this since 2005, determined to not give up on what I knew was the evidence to sc. Finally, somebody found it and read it, without it having to go to BVA which was what I was expecting, at this point. I've been in treatment for so long, but did not submit a claim until 2005, not even knowing that I was eligible to do so. I think the clinker was the last C&P exam where the examiner did a little tidbit of stumbling around my diagnosis, but conceded that PTSD was one of the assigned diagnosis and that it was related to service.

Can anyone share with me what is "deferred?" Will I need to submit anything else to them, or will VA consider it themselves? Will that mean another appeal for me if not conceded? I profusely thank everybody on this site that has responded to my questions, in addition to this site for all the information available that has been a tremendous help when I felt so lost in working my claim. Thank you so very much!! I wish much success with their claim to all that are still working their claim. Truly, please stay determined!!

Thank you all for your responses!! I have not submitted any form for TDIU since I had no idea where my claim was going. I will have to await their official letter to see what I need to do for that. I am considered unemployable by SSA and have been receiving that benefit from long before I submitted my VA claim, not aware that I was eligible to submit a VA claim. I don't remember what issues I had applied for from SSA, but they were all related to my conditions, still. If the TDIU was deferred, will I still receive an award for the 70%, or will I have to wait before I receive a benefit? Again, thank you very much for all your help!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use