VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Va Letter Yet, But...

Rate this topic

They dont award TDIU until they get the form. I bet they will include it with the decision but it is also here too- form 21-8940.

I made many posts as to how this form should be filled out.

If the SSDI is solely for your SC disabilties, they should award TDIU.

In my opinion they deferred because they will send the form with the decision and then take it from there.

Of course they could sit on the formal decision long enough for you to potentially lose some TDIU cash as they most often use the TDIU date you signed the form as the TDIU EED.

I would send it off by priority mail , wit tracking slip if I were you-Yesterday ----- And keep copy of it as well.

They will need to check your employment info and also tell them the side affects of any SC meds that hinder your ability to be employed. and by all means check Yes to the SSA question ( # 18 or 19 I forget) and expand on that under Remarks area if the SSDI is solely for the exact same SC conditions.

CONGRATS! 70 % isnt that far away from TDIU in most cases.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• In Memoriam

de·fer

1    /dɪˈfɜr/ Show Spelled [dih-fur] Show IPA verb, de·ferred, de·fer·ring.

verb (used with object)

to put off (action, consideration, etc.) to a future time: The decision has been deferred by the board until next week.

to exempt temporarily from induction into military service.

verb (used without object)

to put off action; delay.

Origin:

1325–75; Middle English deferren, variant of differren to differ

Related forms

de·fer·rer, noun

Synonyms

1. Defer, delay, postpone imply keeping something from occurring until a future time. To defer is to decide to do something later on: to defer making a payment. To delay is sometimes equivalent to defer, but usually it is to act in a dilatory manner and thus lay something aside: to delay one's departure. To postpone a thing is to put it off to (usually) some particular time in the future, with the intention of beginning or resuming it then: to postpone an election. 3. procrastinate.

de·fer

2    /dɪˈfɜr/ Show Spelled [dih-fur] Show IPA verb, de·ferred, de·fer·ring.

verb (used without object)

to yield respectfully in judgment or opinion (usually followed by to ): We all defer to him in these matters.

verb (used with object)

to submit for decision; refer: We defer questions of this kind to the president.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use