Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should We Be Celebrating?

Rate this topic

Anna

Congratulations.

I agree with John. If your hubby is not working, then you should consider filing for TDIU. "Deferred" is pretty much another word for "delayed".

If you have questions on your decision, you can post it, but remove your name and addy first. Mostly, post the "reasons and bases" for decision..it may even say why it was deferred.

You cant appeal a "deferred" issue, because its not a final decision. You can, however, appeal other issues that are final in the decision, if you are unhappy with them.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I would not start popping corks until I got something in writing from the VA. I had an issue around a SMC deferred for no good reason. I finally got mad and sent them a NOD with their decision to defer my award. That probably did not amount to anything but I soon got a call asking me if I had any other information regarding the SMC. I got the award a week later. If they are waiting for some document that you can provide them try and find out. It may be like Phil says and they want a new C&P even though they created the delay. They try you patience hoping you will just give up.

John

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use