VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long After Bva Made A Decision.........?

Rate this question

iraqx2

Question

Hello good people ! Its been an amazing ride which may come to a happy conclusion. This could have been left in the the Success Section but the final step is not there yet.

Guys, I have been disputing with the VA for years about an effective date that they goofed up on. Appeals and appeals, it finally went to the BVA and I got the brown enveloped yesterday.

I am a nervous and paranoida wrecked right now. The BVA granted the case in my favor. THIS IS HUGE !!!

I just need to know how long will they process my retro and to WEED OUT any possible monkey wrenches. The issue is simple, I disagree with an effective date and BVA agree with me, no other issues with disabilities and such.

So I am assuming that BVA sends their decision and my file back to my VARO? And from there, they would calculate the payment ( if any, fingers cross )?

I'll post another thread soon. I can't stress enough how important to be on top of your claims and never give up. The most deadly tool we have in our arsenal is the power to appeal. I'd always believe they were wrong and never never never gave up because the truth shall come someday.

Thank you so much !

I just need to know how long will they process my retro and to WEED OUT any possible monkey wrenches. The issue is simple, I disagree with an effective date and BVA agree with me, no other issues with disabilities and such.

Congrats.

There are no time frames.

I had a BVA case granted on May 7 2009 by the BVA.

I received the VARO award letter on May 12 2009.

The reason that came fast is that VA forgot they owed me a high 5 figure retro FTCA offset.

After months of another royal battle with VA ,the OGC finally sent them the same regulation I had sent them, regarding the offset and ordered the RO to pay me.

Then in spite of getting a letter at that point from my VARO in early Feb 2010 to take to my bank to tell them to anticipate receiving this payment via an electronic fund transfer, within days, the bank had not heard any further over a week later.

I finally received the retro by check, in my mailbox ,covered with snow, as wind had blown the door open, on February 16 2010.

I dont think my experience on these time frames or anyone else's can be relevant to knowing when any award letter will come.

Thanks Folks. That's the " Monkey Wrench " I was fearing. Bertha, wow... it took that long?

You would think that in my case, it should not take long, pretty clean cut.

But the most important thing I just realize from what you guys are saying ....... The BVA decision letter ( The Order ) and a decision letter granting the retro from VARO are TWO separate things.!?

Oh no. I was too accustomed to the decision and deposit within days.

Regards