Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva 2012

Rate this question

bergin c/o

Question

My claim has a June 2009 docket # and just went before the law judge on June 28th of . It went to "with VLJ" in january but quickly went back to "with VSO." My claim is now "pending dispatch" since July 27th and was only for an appeal on GERD. hope this helps.

Well just had second hip replaced . Claim for hip arthritis still at bva . 13 months at vlj stage , sent in a letter to update the claim . When I filled I only had one fake hip . So the surgeon wrote an updated letter saying that I suffer from degenerative joint disease that is severe. Requiring both hips to be replaced . That more likely than not the cause was my time and duties in the military .that was sent to bva last week . So we will see

Bergin

Probably not. My claim was docketed in 09, and completed by the BVA in August, 2012. I dont think the chances are good they did 2 years of claims in 2 months. Berta says the average is 880 days..that is after docketing. Thats about 2.4 years. This would mean they are likely working on the 2010 claims now.

Worse, the backlog is growing not shrinking.

Edited by broncovet

Mine was Docketed Sept 2010. Hasn't budged on ebenefits and i have an attorney. My understanding is the different appeal teams

have different workloads ie: ( some work DIC , some are working remands , some are working 2009 some are working older appeals etc etc .This is what iv'e been told by my attorney .

Sgt Sandman

" It's gonna get deep real quick , so hold your breath "