Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Do Once Rated At 100%

Rate this question

Fco75th25div

Question

Just got a letter from vso stating they just reviewed my claim that is pending notificaton. And the va took favorable actions on my claim and a combined rating of 100% has been assigned. I was given a differed rating of 30% in 2011, so now I need to get the ball anrolling as of what benefits I get because my wife is currently in the hoapital. My questions are as fallows...

1. Do I get insurance for dependants and how do I start it?

2. Is there any special benefits for 100%?

3. Any stipulations regarding still working? I've looked and I get mixed responses..

4. Do I still pay co-pays on va meds and apps?

5. Pretty much what do I do now lol I'm 29 and have multiple sclerosis and I don't know any local vet friends that are 100% to talk about what's next

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Congratulations

1. In order to get CHAMPVA (med insurance for your dependents) your condition must be considered permanent in nature. When you get your award letter they will tell you if you are eligible and include all the paperwork.

2. You can get a military ID to use the commissary, bx/px, mwr. Dental care. Many states also offer benefits such as property tax exemption, car tags, etc.

3. You cannot work if your rated for a mental disorder. Otherwise you are free too. Educational benefits are available as well if that is something you are interested in.

4. No, and if you owe for any co-pays or meds from the past, those will be dropped.

5. I do not know how severe your disablity is, but if your able to, you should consider working or going back to school, even if its just part time. You are still young and sitting around the house for decades is gonna drive you nuts eventually. At the very least, find some hobbies to keep your mind occupied.

....Im sure others will chime in with more info....Thank your for your service!!!

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately due to memory problems basically I can't retain anything new as far as education goes. I can't even hold a convo without repeating my self cause I forgot I just told the person the same thing 2 min ago. Stuff comes out but nothing new stays in :(. As far as severity I use a Cain for short periods of walking but for like stores or going to the park with my baby I have to use a scooter the va issued me cause I can't stand for long periods. As far as work I'm not Sure my last employer saw me as a liability but as a political favor for one of my in laws they kept me hired until this claim is final :) thankfully lol. I have lost the lateral gaze on left and right sides all I get is diploma due to sixth nerve palsy and optic neuritous scaring... Diplopia not

Edited by GoldDvlDog

GolddvlDog, is it combined rating 100% or they giving you P&T 100%?

1. Do I get insurance for dependants and how do I start it? No if it is combined rating

2. Is there any special benefits for 100%? Yes you pay no co-pay at VA.

3. Any stipulations regarding still working? I've looked and I get mixed responses..You can continue to work full time!

4. Do I still pay co-pays on va meds and apps? No co-pay

5 Pretty much what do I do now lol I'm 29 and have multiple sclerosis and I don't know any local vet friends that are 100% to talk about what's next. You can find a local VFW or go to the VA hospital and talk to VSO or call the 1-800 number

Sorry for your family health conditions. Your dependants cannot get ChampVA until 100%P&T. If it is P&T you will be able to go back until the date you filed.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

Not Sure yet letter from day just said combined but after looking on the internet I found that multiple sclerosis is considered p&t. So I'm guessing p&t. I saw other vets with combined 100% and got pt

Not Sure yet letter from day just said combined but after looking on the internet I found that multiple sclerosis is considered p&t. So I'm guessing p&t. I saw other vets with combined 100% and got pt

That would be great your family for insurance, car tags, and many more thing.

God bless and good luck.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"